129

Laughter and pure joy filled the house of the Kim family, a quite celebratious mood in the air.

"Okay Jongie, do you want your presents first or do you want cake first?" Seonghwa asked as they all came together in the living room. A cute giggle rolled over his lips as he found his husband tinker a paper crown for Jongho. Paper, glitter pens and glue was laid out on the floor and Hongjoong just looked too focused to even have noticed Seonghwa standing behind him.

Jongho puffed his cheeks as he thought. It was hard to choose. The cake he has been anticipating for weeks now, or the large present box under their staircase? "Uhm... The cake!" he then decided, too weak to win against his sweet-craving stomach.

As Seonghwa went to bring the cake from their kitchen, the eyes fell back onto their Dad. Hongjoong was gluing the last pieces together and looked at the finished crown in pride. "Ah there you go my little king," he said as he put the hand-made golden paper crown on his head.

"does that mean I am the king today?"

"Mhm, today is your day"

Jongho nodded and crossed his arms. "okay, then I want Wooyoungie to be my clown and make me laugh"

Mouths fell open. "Huh? No?" Wooyoung gave back stubborn and crossed his arms.

Jongho insisted. "But Dad said I'm the King today and everyone has to listen to the King!"

"Dad-!"

Just before a fight could break out, Seonghwa came back with the cake, plates and a candle in the form of an eight. With a wide smile he set it all on the coffee table and sat on the floor next to his husband, across from Jongho and Mingi, Yeosang on his left. He took the candle and put it in the middle of the cake, lit it with a lighter and pushed it a little closer to his youngest. "Make a wish, bunny"

Jongho's eyes were wide and big, filled with excitement and joy. It made his family's hearts swell with adoration for him. No matter how old he would get, he would stay their little bunny baby Jongho.

Under the table, Seonghwa laid his hand on his husband's without sharing a look. Oh no, he was in his feelings for the moment and needed a rock to hold onto. Hongjoong clung his pinky around the elder's with a prideful smile and watched his youngest son finally blow out the candle. "What did you wish for, Jongho?"

The boy grinned and put his index finger in front of his lips. "It won't come true if I tell!"

~

"Papa~" Jongho muffled and swalloed a big piece of cake, "can you tell us more stories?" he asked cutely, a little pit of frosting on the corner of his lips.

Seonghwa chuckled and wiped away the bit of frosting. "Mhm~ sure I think there are some stories to tell..." he agreed and looked around in the living room, specifically the many pictures. Every one of them had a story to it. But before he could start, his husband took word.

"You want to hear the story how I once lost you in uncle Yonghwan's apartment building?"

~

"Seonghwa everything is fine, okay? You worry so much"

"I'm just checking in... Did you give him his tea? He gets a bloated stomach a lot and it helps the gas to come out"

"... This is literally baby number six, Hwa... I'm starting to feel attacked- I know how to care for a baby-" Hongjoong said into the phone and rolled his eyes as he softly rocked Jongho into his second nap.

"... sO?" he heard Seonghwa squeak, "... Okay I'm overthinking again, you're right. He's just a couple months old, what could happen, right?"

"Exactly" the younger replied and put his youngest son in the poorly made sleeping place in the corner of the couch. He had build a substitute for Jongho's bed with pillows and blankets. He had to work on a couple tracks, so there was little he could use. "Okay, he's sleeping now. I need to go back to work now. Take care, hm? And tell your mom I wish her a good day. See you later" Hongjoong said and bid goodbye before laying off.

He pressed a loving kiss on his son's forehead before sitting at the table with equipmentand going back to work. Hongjoong was planning to release a mini-album soon, yet there were still many perfections he had to do. One thing that would never change would be his devotion to his work. He got sucked into the bubble of his work, so that he didn't even notice Yonghwan or the Edenary members coming in, going out, squishing Jongho's cheeks.

~

Yonghwan pushed open the door to his studio, it was already agape. He stuck his head into the studio and looked around. When he saw the empty corner of blankets, his heart sank in his pants.

"Yah!" he yelled and hit his student in his head harshly. "Where the fuck is your baby you dumbass?"

Hongjoong turned in his dead angered and snapped at his elder and his harsh manner. "On the cou-..." the younger's eyes fell on the empty couch and in the exact moment his whole life flashed in front of his eyes. "Where the fuck is my baby?"

"Hongjoong I'm going to kill you-" the elder yelled and bolted through the apartment. It was a baby. Six months old. Could he even crawl?

Hongjoong didn't even bother to put on shoes before running out the door. He ran down the hall, then to the stairs. His plan was to search every floor, there was no other option to find Jongho. Hongjoong was aware that his youngest had recently started crawling and being more active, not that he was fast or quiet while doing so.

It was real scare and terror rising his his chest as he bolted down every single story of the large building. How could be lose a baby? How hadn't he heard him at all?

"Jongie~ Jongie my boy~" he asked desperately "Daddy can't lose you here~ come on out-"

By the time he finally reached the first floor, he was just about to break down. Cold sweat drenched his clothes, he had searched everywhere. His last hope was the lift. And if he wasn't in the lift going up and down he may just yeet himself down the building or just wait until his husband finds out.

Already crying, Hongjoong stood into the empty lift and pressed the button to the floor the studio was on.

All the times his husband had advised him to stay cautious flashed in his mind.

Just a couple of hours ago he had told him that he was worrying too much.

As the last, bright 'ping' of the lift echoed next to Hongjoong's desperate cries, the doors opened and he lifted his tear-filled eyes.

Right in front of him Seonghwa stood with a very known bunny bundle in his arm.

"Don't you dare come home this week"

-
Hey, how are you?

Ejdjjd for what you may ask?

Because sometimes I pull this shit out of my dusty brain shdh

I have school tomorrow yall
Wish me a will to live✨

Do I have much to talk today?

Nah, actually no...

Tell me about your say my bishes

Please remember to stay healthy and safe!

-gulkurusubb