123

When Seonghwa reached his home after a long day of the first shooting, the delicious smell of food filled his nose. Just a moment later he noticed the music coming from upstairs.

"Baba!" Jongho cheered and ran to greet his father at the door. The youngest had a wide and beaming smile spread on his little face. "We made food for you!... Well, Yuyu made it... but I helped!" he explained and tugged at Seonghwa's sleeve.

A soft laugh left the elder's lips. "Ah Jongie~ Let me take off my jacket first-" he chuckled and peeled himself out of his shoes and jacket. He hung the scarf and jacket on the garderobe, then followed his sunshine to the kitchen. When he arrived, he caught Yunho in an apron, teaching Wooyoung how to properly cut green onions while San stirred in the pot on the stove. The scenery was so heart-warming, the elder could have lost a tear by just standing there and watching. His children were growing and maturing, and though he was glad and this was life's rules, he would never get used to the idea that one day they would grow enough to leave. In his eyes, it had been just yesterday when Yunho had made his first steps, when San and Yeosang were born. While in reality, Yunho was fourteen already, even Jongho was in school already. Time flew and it was bittersweet to watch them grow.

"This is almost done... Wooyoungie, go call Yeosang-"

"Nah nah, I'll go get him," Seonghwa said and smiled at Wooyoung, "Wooyoungie looks busy cutting onions, I will get Yeosangie, and then we can eat together, mhm?" The parent turned to the stairs and walked up to the second floor, stopping in front of the twin's door. From the other side, one could hear soft music; a cello playing. It had been a long while since Yeosang had played his instrument the last time, which is why Seonghwa felt a load fall off his chest. It was another step back to normality, and he was so grateful for that. The parent stopped and listened to the classical music for a moment, enjoyed the slightly off-tune melodies. Then, he knocked and waited for a sign to let him in. The playing stopped and a faint 'Yes?' followed, allowing the parent to enter the bedroom. "Hey baby..." he said as he stepped in and sat on the neatly made bed on the right side. "You should play more often, Yeosangie,"

Yeosang looked at his beloved instrument and tipped his lips. "... mhm," he hummed and lifted his eyes back again. "The new school has an orchestra and... they are searching for students that play any string instruments... I thought... I thought I could try audition" he admitted and turned his gaze away in embarrassment. Now while admitting it out loud, he felt so dumb for even having the idea. Yeosang had stage fright; in no way it would work out for him.

"Really?" Seonghwa's eyes lit up bright as he looked at his son's flushed cheeks. "You should, baby. I'm sure you'd make it through the audition!" he cheered and reached for his hair, ruffling it in all directions. Yeosang looked up shily but eyes shimmering with hope and confidence. "I'm sure... but I think that has to wait for now! Your brothers have cooked for us, mhm? Come, let's eat first"

~

Seonghwa saved the document on his laptop when his husband entered the bedroom. He shut the device down and put it in his drawer to open his arms for the younger. "Hongjoongie~" he purred with a little cheeky smile and shimmering eyes.

Hongjoong, a little taken aback by the elder's unusual act, laid between his arms and held onto him tightly. "Mhm? Missed me?" he chuckled and got comfortable on Seonghwa's chest.

"Can't I miss my husband?" the elder replied and started weaving his hands in the freshly dyed hair. The lilac strands felt like silk between his fingers, smelled like the lavender shampoo they had recently changed to. "You're away for too long again... The company is literally yours, you don't have to wait until everyone else is gone..."

A dry laugh rolled over Hongjoong's lips. "I just found out that the whole upper floor does not leave until I leave... and I don't leave until they do because what kind of boss would I be if I left work first?..." he told. "We even had a little meeting about it and tried to clear up that everyone can leave as soon as their hours are full... does not seem like it works though..."