Chapter 2 || Prank

Naan Un 🎼

Naan Un 🎼

'BOOM'!

Rudra slammed opened the door startling Ruthira. "Oh, you're home", he mumbled. "Yeah, just came. What's wrong, you look shagged".

"Nothing", he uninterestedly replied while making his way back to the kitchen. She frowned and followed him, "there is something and you're not telling me. What is it, I'll see-". "I said it's nothing"! "Fine"!

Immediately Rudra felt guilty seeing her walk away. With a huge sigh, he went to take a shower. Ruthira's sight followed his every move. She knew her husband was someone who loved keeping his problems within himself.

Preparing herself for another round of snapping, she went to the toilet. As she closed the door, she saw Rudra standing under the shower with both his hands against the wall infront of him.

Not wanting to say anything, she wrapped her arms around his waist from the back, getting under water. "You're tensed, relax", she mumbled as she rested her cheek on his back.

Rudra held her hands which were around him tightly. "I'm sorry for snapping at you". "Apology accepted", Ruthira chirped making him smile a little.

"I- it's just there's been a lot of things happening at work. Our college's intake has dropped significantly for the past two years. And because of that the board is putting a lot of pressure on us.

He wants us to make everything for fun and change our teaching method. I've been teaching for almost 17 years and he tells me that my way of teaching is wrong! Idiot"! Ruthira listened to his rants quietly.

"Hritik uncle tried explaining our methods but the board is too fixated that we are not doing a good job. Because of these people, our stress level is getting so high".

Rudra turned back and held her in his arms, "sorry I didn't mean to be rude".

"That's okay, I understand. I've snapped at you many times too, so I don't hold any significance to all these. But Rudra, if you ever feel really suffocated by your job then quit it. I'm earning enough to run our family while you look for one with a better working environment".

Rudra chuckled while pulling the strings of her chudidar pants. "You're making it sound like it's so easy". "Nothing is easy in this world but we just have to work hard and support our loved ones. Exactly how I'm helping you in untying this knot", she pointed to the tightened knot on the string.

Rudra laughed as he pulled her for a hug. "I feel so much better after telling this to you". "Exactly mister, always listen to your wife", she removed her top.

"Where's Nidra"? "Amma said she wanted to bring the kids to the temple. Oh freak! She asked us to come too"! "Ruthira yaar! I'm so tired". "So am i sir! I had two reportings and an article today", she lathered the shampoo on her hair.