Chapter 72 || Truth

'Thud'!

'Thud'!

Ivaan gripped Ruthira's hair and threw her across the living room. "DON'T HIT MY AMMA"! He squatted, glaring at Nidra, "shhhh", he kept his finger on his lips.

"Go inside". "No Amma! I'll call Appa"! "Nidra go inside"! Ruthira got up and rushed to Nidra. Before she could carry her to the room, Ivaan pulled her back by her hair.

"Nidra, go inside the room. Go inside if you don't want to see your Amma getting beaten up by me. After all, she went against me". Ruthira struggled in his grip, hitting his hands.

"You are a monster! I hate you! Go away"! Nidra hit his legs with her little fists. "Aaruthira, another thing about me is that I don't hesitate hitting kids", he laughed.

Tears slipped out as she begged Nidra to get inside the room. She didn't want her to be in danger.

"WAAH WAAH"!

"Oh yeah, there's a new baby, isn't it? Let me pay him a visit", Ivaan left her hair and went into direction of the room. "No! Please! Please, leave them alone", Ruthira held his leg. "Is this really you? What happened to the bold journalist", he mocked, squatting. "You shouldn't have messed with me", he gripped her jaw tightly.

"I hate you"! Nidra screamed before throwing the glass plate she found in the kitchen on his head. "Ouch", Ivaan grimaced in pain as he dropped to the floor. Taking that opportunity, Ruthira grabbed Nidra and ran to the room.

However, he was quicker and got up to trip her. "Ahhh! Lock the door", Ruthira pushed Nidra inside as she fell. "No come", Nidra held her hand, trying to pull her in.

"Nidu, listen to me. Go in. Call Rahul uncle. Keep calling someone until they pick up. Please go inside, for me". Nidra wiped her tears before glaring at Ivaan. He laughed, seeing what was according to him 'emotional drama'.

"Appa won't leave you! Monster"! "Go in Nidu, I'll be fine. Take care of Eshu. You're Appa's brave bubba, right? Go", Ruthira whispered with a smile trying to reassure the little girl. "Is this the phone you're talking about"? He snickered and swinged her phone with his thumb and index finger.

Ruthira clenched her eyes shut knowing there was no way out. Nidra reluctantly went in and locked the door. "What do you want"! "I want you to know how Chaya died before you die", he smirked.

"Aren't you a mother? Why don't you just stay at home and take care of them instead of poking your nose in this murder and all. See, now because of you, your children are going to be motherless. Tsk Tsk Tsk"!

Ruthira glared at him as she tried stabilising her breath. She wasn't going to let him see her fear. She was scared but it was for the safety of her children.

"Look down. Lower your eyes", he gritted his teeth. "I said lower your eyes"! She disobeyed and continued looking at him. "Bitch", he screamed, pulling her up by her hair. Flinging her on the side of the couch, he heaved deeply.