Chapter 31 || Nidra

Pirai Thedum Iravile 🎼

"Bubba, Appa have something to tell you". "Hmmm", Nidra blinked her eyes. "We are going to Chennai"! "Oh", she mumbled uninterestedly. Rudra noticed her lack of enthusiasm and poked her arm gently, "Amma's going to be there".

He watched how her eyes shined with excitement. "Amma really coming", she chuckled, swinging Rudra's arm from left to right. "Yes, she will be", he smiled.

"YAYYYYY! NIDU BUBBA WILL HAVE AMMA AND APPA"! Rudra nodded as he wiped his tears discreetly. The emotional neglect on Nidra by the both of them was absolutely ridiculous. As parents it was their duty to put their daughter first but they failed to do that.

Nidra stopped jumping when she realised something. Noticing the lack of movement from her, Rudra asked her what was wrong. Her reply clenched his heart.

"Will Appa come? When Amma there, no Appa. When Appa there, no Amma. Bubba want Amma, Appa and Butter", she mumbled with quivering lips. Tears were just moments away from spilling out of her eyes.

"No matter what, Appa will be there. Nidra will have both Amma and Appa. And of course, Butter". "WAAH WAAH"! She stretched her arms out and walked to him for a warm hug.

He embraced her tightly and rubbed her back. "We are very sorry. From now on, we will always be with you. Bubba won't miss us now", he repeatedly kissed her head.

Standing up, he patted her back as she snuggled into his neck. Within minutes, she fell asleep. When Rudra noticed she was asleep, he placed her on the bed and tucked her under the blanket.

=====

"You are really leaving for Chennai", Maitra asked when she saw him packing his bag. "Haan, Ma. I'm going to make it right this time". Maitra rolled her eyes and looked away. "Why, Ma"?

"I don't like her father", she huffed. "Ma, he's right in being angry". "No! He doesn't have to be so rude"! Rudra chuckled and sat beside her. "If this had happened to Yeshna, wouldn't you be angry with Abhi"?

Maitra remained silent on not knowing how to answer his question. Or basically she didn't want to admit that Mohanraj was right on his part.

"Whatever it is, no one is allowed to talk to my son like that"! "Ma- okay leave all that. I've already took three months break from college".

"It got approved? Isn't it so fast and such a big break"? Rudra smirked, "perks of having the principal as a family friend. I even told uncle that I don't care if they sack me". Maitra glared at him before smiling, "I really hope Aaru and you can solve everything".

He smiled, "I will". "So when are you leaving"? "She's leaving in two days, so I'll drop Nidra off at their house tomorrow. I have some things to settle in college first so I'll go next week".