Chapter 62 || Baby

Ruthira took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror

Ruthira took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her gaze wandering throughout her whole body while on the verge of tears.

Sitting on the bed, she stared at Rudra's sleeping form. Not having the heart to wake him up, she got ready for work.

"Nidra, wake up"! Once Nidra turned four, she was given her own room. The same one that had been allocated to her since they adopted her. It was right infront of the master bedroom.

However before giving it to her, they made sure to repaint it in Nidra's favourite shade and had the room done according to her wishes.

"Nidu ma, get up. It's getting late for school", she brushed Nidra's hair off her forehead. "10 more minutes", Nidra whined. "No, get up. Go shower go". Sighing, the four year old dragged her leg out of the bed and made her way to the toilet with her teddy bear. "Put it down", Ruthira took it from her hands.

"Ruthira"! She jerked when Rudra shouted her name. "Ruthira, come here"! She walked into their room and raised her chin up asking him why he was calling her. He looked at her face before looking down at her body. "W- what? Why are you looking at me like that"?

"Are you pregnant"?

Her lips parted open as she looked everywhere except him. "I'm asking you something". Slumping on the bed, she sniffed, "I- I think so". "The test shows two lines, isn't it positive"? "Maybe it's a false result", she bit her lips.

Rudra sat beside her, "and if it's not"? "I want this baby, Rudra. I need this baby", she held his hands. "Isn't it too soon"? She felt her hopes slipping away, "you don't want this baby"?

"Nonsense! I want each and every baby we make. But it's not about me, it's you. Are you not just physically but mentally ready for another baby? Now? You know me. You know I want to keep this child but more than that you know no one is more important to me than you".

"Just be with me, Rudra. We can have this baby. We- we'll communicate more. I'll share my thoughts and feelings and you do the same too. Please". "I'm so happy, bachaa. It feels like bampi is coming back to us". "Hmmm", she laid her head on his shoulder.