Chapter 67 || Name

It had been a week since the newborn came into their life

It had been a week since the newborn came into their life. Ruthira was discharged a couple of days ago. Everyone in the family had paid the baby and her a visit. Currently, he was laying naked on the bed while his dad changed his diaper.

"Goodness! What is he thinking with that big brain of his? Look at how he's looking at me", Rudra exclaimed. "He has big brains like his mom", Ruthira boasted. "So big, it's falling out of your skull". Rolling his eyes, he disposed the used diaper after putting the baby back in his crib.

"Rudra, I was thinking of something recently". "What is it", he sounded concerned. "I was planning to change my name". "Meaning"? "Like adding Roy Chowdhury".

Rudra chuckled, "why suddenly"? "I don't know. Coming June it'll be our sixth anniversary. We have four kids now and not even one time you asked me about changing my name. Don't you want me to do it"?He held her hand, "can I tell you what I really feel"? She nodded.

"You don't need to change your name to be a Roy Chowdhury. You're one already. This achievements you've made belongs to Aaruthira Mohanraj. The credit goes to her. Not Aaruthira Roy Chowdhury. And definitely not the Roy Chowdhury behind. And if anyone gets mad over their wife not taking a surname, they are dumb. Like for a name"?

"You're right. It's just I thought about it. Nidra will be called Ms Roy Chowdhury, you and him will be Mr Roy Chowdhury. To admit it I kind of felt left out. But that was until you said all this", she pecked his lips.

"Nonsense. You are Mrs Roy Chowdhury", he pushed her head lightly. "Actually everyone calls me that even now", she sheepishly smiled. Rudra had a lopsided smile as he shook his head.

"Hello? Helloooooooo? Hellooooooo? Goofy goody morning"! Nidra skipped out of her room with hair all over her face. One look at it and Ruthira knew it was going to be a nightmare to brush out the tangled curls.

"Good morning my baby", Rudra threw her up in the air. "Eeeek"! Ruthira opened her mouth to say something but closed it knowing it was pointless. "If she ever hits her head on the ceiling, I swear I'll whack you"!

"Damn mommy all kinky now", Rudra smirked. "You're disgusting! Watch out what you're spouting before kids please"! She stood up to pull the cradle close when Rudra grabbed her ass. She jumped in shock and instead of removing his hands, Rudra squeezed it.

"Stop! Nidra is here"! "She has gone to make her bed. Look at you, all flushed". She pushed his hands away, rolling her eyes. Taking the pump, she attached it to her chest.

"Shall we have the naming ceremony here or at Ma's place"? "What do you think", Rudra hugged her from the back, not applying any pressure on her abdomen. "Let's have it at our place this time. And my relatives from Chennai are coming".

"That's great. They've never been here and now they can come to our house", Rudra replied. "Yeah and they might be staying over with Amma and Appa. Seriously though, that house is overpopulated. Imagine when Yamuna and Aran have their kids. Gosh"!