THANK YOU!

We have to the end of Life ft Pain. Epilogue will be posted tomorrow, 10th of May 2023. It will mark exactly 8 months since I published the first chapter of this book. Before that, I wanted to share some facts about the book.

1. How Book 2 came about.

I had thoughts of Book 2 when I was still halfway through writing Book 1. I was thinking about something that'll cause a distance between them, and suddenly the idea of postpartum depression came.

2. Nidra was the one to die.

So as I was planning the storyline, I couldn't find a reason on how a gap will be caused inbetween Rudroneel and Aaruthira. So my mind shifted to ideas like Nidra dying because of her mother's rivalry.

But then I was hellbent of writing about postpartum depression. So then came another idea where they do have Aathira and Aaruthira does fall into depression. But because of her lack of attention on the kids, Nidra will get into an accident. So Rudra will blame her and they'll get separated.

But... I just couldn't kill Nidra 😭😭

3. Reason of Aathira's Demise

So when I needed a reason on why Aathira will die, I thought of reasons like chocking, fever. However, I didn't want Aaruthira's lack of awareness to be the cause of her death. That's when I came across SIDS.

The long form of SIDS is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. SIDS is very very scary. It happens then and there. It has no signs and symptoms. It is also not known very much among people and I was like why not write about it. If I want to bring postpartum depression awareness, why not bring SIDS awareness too.

4. Urmila wasn't to be the evil one.

From Book 1 we would slightly know she's someone no one really likes. She was supposed to be the same in Book 2. However, I wanted someone who was going to break Aaruthira emotionally at her workplace because that was going to be her final straw.

5. Rudroneel and Aaruthira were to get a divorce.

So, this was planned for after Aathira's death. Rudra would have been the one asking for it. This was hard for me because divorce is a huge thing and I couldn't think of a way Rudra will ask for forgiveness and retrify his mistakes.

And I was like okay how about they do go about the process of divorce but before they are given the final judgment, they'll be alright. That ended up in the trash because I realised I was portraying my baby Rudra really badly. 🥺🥺

6. Rudroneel and Nidra going to Chennai was never the plan.

Aaruthira was to go there for a week or a month and she'll have her alone time. Halfway through I just wanted them away from the place that caused them so much pain so I made all of them head to Chennai.

7. Srinish.

Srinish was never in the picture but a little jealousy is fine.

8. Rudra was never self harming.

So this thought came to me when I was writing either Chapter 38 or 39. I was like, Rudra needed to be in pain too. And by pain I didn't mean literally but I wanted him to go through something like his wife.