Chapter 44 || Chaos

It was new year's eve and yet there was no happiness in the house

Oviyan sat on the chair looking at how his parents were communicating through a piece of paper. "Anneh"? He looked at his side and saw his sister tugging on his shorts. "Tomorrow new year but Amma and Appa still not talking".

"I know Adu but what do we do", he mumbled. "We help them", Adrika said. "How"? "Nidu give me Athai and Mama's number that time when I give her Amma and Appa's number". Oviyan got down from his chair excitedly.

"Do you still remember"? "No". Oviyan's mood fell hearing her. "Nevermind then". "But I have the paper she gave me". He hurried to their room with Adrika behind. She took her storybook out and gave the piece of paper in it to Oviyan.

"Love you, Adu", he kissed her cheeks. "Now we'll call Athai and ask her to ask Amma and Appa to talk". "That day I use Appa phone to call Athai but robot lady say not reachable", she said.

"Did you call Mama then"? "Before I call, Appa came. So I delete the history and ran out". "Nevermind, we'll call him now". "Now? How"? "We'll go to the public phone downstairs". "Will Amma allow"?

"We'll sneak out". Adrika chuckled as she nodded with excitement. Oviyan held her hand and went out to the living room where both his parents were sitting watching the television.

"Where are the both of you going", Nila asked. "Call-". "My friend called me to play with him yesterday", Oviyan cut Adrika off. "Call? You don't have a phone for your friend to call you on", she crossed her arms.

"Appa peece, they are waiting for us downstairs", Adrika jutted her lips out indicating she was going to cry. Adhi as usual melted for her trick, "okay go but come back fast". "Yayyyy", Adrika jumped. Nila looked back and glared at Adhi.

"Uh, ask Amma first", he mumbled under his wife's sruntinising glare. "Amma please", Oviyan pouted. "Go but be back soon. It's going to be lunch time soon". "Okay, thank you". Oviyan and Adrika ran out as soon as they got the approval.

Oviyan saw his uncle and aunty on the way as they stopped him. "Where are you running to", Yamuna questioned. "Call Mama", Adrika shouted.

"Mama"? "Aaru Athai husband", Oviyan said. Aran smiled, "do you have her number? Did she call"? "No, she never call. But we have the numbers", Oviyan gave him the paper.

Yamuna rubbed a dejected Aran's shoulder when he saw the numbers that were both not in use. They had tried calling the number multiple times but it wouldn't work.

They had even tried reaching out to them on Instagram but no response came. "These numbers are not in use", he sighed. "We can't call them now"? "No Adu, we can't", Oviyan sulked.

"I have his number".

They looked back to see Maitra and Shaswat standing with a few paper bags. "Paati", both the kids ran to her and hugged her. Shaswat took Adrika in his arms and threw her up in air.