Chapter 55 || Drama

"Yes, I'm on way to their house", Rudra spoke over the phone

"Yes, I'm on way to their house", Rudra spoke over the phone. "Oh, okay. Enjoy your lunch", Ruthira grimaced while smoothening the creases on her saree.

She looked at herself in the mirror and smirked. She was down to argue with the bitch that was meeting her husband. "Nidra, ready"? "Yes".

The both of them walked out and told Mohanraj and Brinda they were leaving to meet her friend. As they settled in the car, Ruthira spoke.

"We're going to see Thakuma and Dadu. And once we reach the house, go inside our room. Okay"? "Okay"! Nidra cheerfully screeched, clapping her hands.

"Will Appa be there"? "Yes. Not just Appa, but someone else will be there", Ruthira gritted her teeth. "Someone else"? "Nothing. Are you hungry"? "No".

Throughout the whole ride Ruthira was gritting her teeth in annoyance. The last time she had been so ready to fight was when she was in college. She was 20 when her team had won a competition but the opposition team claimed they payed for the title.

That day, tables and chairs flew across the canteen along with plates. Almost 10 girls were pulling each other's hair off, slapping each other with the rest surrounding and watching them like it was a movie.

Today she felt the same rage! All she knew was her hand was itching to slap someone! At this point, even the slightest thing could trigger her. The car beside swerved to her lane causing her to put a sudden brake.

'HONK'!

"KALUTEY! KALUTEY! ERUMAMAADU! PAATU OODDU DA"! She screamed pressing the horn. Nidra laughed thinking her mom's screams were funny. "It's not funny"! "It is! I'll tell Butter"!

(Donkey! Donkey! Bull! Look where you're driving)

Ruthira shook her head not wanting to get even more triggered and quietly drove.

When she finally drove all the way to the house, the first thing she noticed was couple of new footwears which was not on the usual shoe rack.

Removing her heels, she helped Nidra with her crocs. "Appa"! Nidra screamed while running in leaving her mother's hand. Startled, Rudra removed his hands that were covering his face and looked up.

"Seems like someone didn't inform the daughter in law of this house that we had some guest", with a furious expression Ruthira took slow steps in as she crossed her arms.

"Oh god", Shaswat mumbled under his breath. "We are here to see Maitra's son. We know things between the both of you are not good and that you will be getting a divorce soon. So we thought to let Neel and my daughter, Mishti get to know each other", an older woman spoke.

"Divorce"? Ruthira evilly smiled. "Nidu ma"? "Yes"? "Kanna can you go upstairs". "Okay". She waited until Nidra was done dragging herself up the stairs.