Chapter 26 || Fury

Rudra was arranging the food packets in the car when he received a call

Rudra was arranging the food packets in the car when he received a call. Frowning at the unknown number, he declined it thinking it was a scam.

Unknown No.
Please pick up!
It's about your wife.

The phone rang again and this time immediately picked it up.

Rudra: Who's this! What are you talking about?

Unknown No: Rudroneel?

Rudra: Yes, who are you?

Kabir: Dude, I'm Kabir. Your wife's colleague.

Rudra: What is it?

Kabir: Dude, don't leave your wife alone! Go to her quickly.

Rudra: What do you mean?

Rudra was starting to panic a little.

Kabir: We were drinking last night and she had told us how she wanted to spend the day like it was her last day and that how tomorrow which is today, she was going to kill herself.

Rudra felt like the world froze.

Rudra: What?

His voice was so low.

Kabir: I was very drunk and only few minutes ago when I woke up I remembered what she had said. I managed to get your number from Andrea. I don't know if she really meant it but please don't leave her alone-.

Rudra hang the phone up even before Kabir could finish his sentence. He drove like a mad person all the way home. "Come on pick up", he mumbled as he tried calling Ruthira on her phone. Even Veera wasn't picking up.

"Fuck"! He punched the steering wheel. "No, she wouldn't do it. I know her! She wouldn't! It's all my fault". His blurry vision made it harder for him to drive.

Once he reached his apartment, he harshly parked the car and ran to the elevator. "Hurry up", he slammed his fist on the button.

After the most dreadful 5 seconds, he managed to enter one of it. "Please keep her safe", he choked.

Rudra tried to slam the main door, but it was lock. Checking  his pockets, he realised the keys were in the car. "Ruthira", he banged the door. "RUTHIRA"! He kicked the door.

"RUTHIRA OPEN PLEASE! I'M A FOOL! WE NEED YOU"! Veera came out hearing the screams.

"Neel, what happened", Veera asked. "Ru- Ruthira's not opening the door". "She said she was going to the grocery, maybe she's there".

"No, she's inside", he tried slamming the door but to no avail. "Appa", Nidra mumbled, standing behind Veera. "AHHH", he screamed as he kicked the handle harshly with all the adrenaline.