Chapter 13 || Nepenthe

Pranavalaya 🎼

Pranavalaya 🎼

"Ruthira, where are you going"? Rudra pulled Ruthira by her arms. "Work". "Are you kidding me? You are on maternity leave, there's no way they can call you back"!

"I volunteered", Ruthira said. He looked at her for a few seconds without saying anything. "Wow! Just wow", he chuckled. "I- I need to leave now".

"What about the kids then? I have papers to mark". "You can't take care of them for one day, Rudra"? "If you had told me earlier, I would have finished my work in college itself. That way all my attention will be on them".

"Oh, okay. I've pumped the milk for Aathira already. It's in the fridge", Ruthira mumbled quickly and walked towards the door. "I'll drop you".

"NO", she screamed. Rudra looked at her in confusion. "I- I mean, it's okay. If you drop me, the kids will have to come along. Let them sleep". "Okay, take care. Call me once you reach", he kissed her head.

"Uh okay", Ruthira left the house and took an auto to her destination when the conversation she had the previous night came to her mind.

Flashback

Kirti: Hey, how are you?

Ruthira: I'm fine, what about you?

Kirti: I'm fine too. Let me come straight to the point. So Amar's dad is in a temple association. There's an event tomorrow in the temple for which we need a dancer. The girl we already booked is down with high fever. So will you be able to do it?

Ruthira: Dance? The last I danced was before I got married. It's been almost 4 years.

Kirti: I know yaar, but please. We are really in dire situation and the only dancer I know is you. I'll pay you.

Ruthira: Rubbish! I don't need money and all. I'm just worried, I won't be able to do it.

Kirti: Have faith in yourself yaar!

Ruthira: What time is it?

Kirti: In the morning, 9 to 1.

Ruthira: Okay, I'll do it.

Kirti: Really? Thank you so much!

Ruthira: Not an issue. Maybe this is what I need.

Kirti: For?

Ruthira: Erm. Just- just pick up dancing again. It's probably a sign from god.
*chuckles*

Kirti: Maybe. *chuckles*

Kirti: I'll send you all the details now, bye.