Chapter 14 || On The Verge

"SHUT UP! WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT UP"! Ruthira cried together with Aathira

"SHUT UP! WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT UP"! Ruthira cried together with Aathira. "You don't eat, you don't stop crying! What do you want"!

She clutched her hairs and pressed her face against the bed. "I can't do this", she put a wailing Aathira on her cradle and crawled into the bed. Covering her whole body with the blanket, Ruthira pressed her hands against her ears.

"I don't want this. Please, I don't want this", she sobbed. "I can't take it". "WAAH WAAH"! "WAAH WAAH"! "Amma", Nidra came, running in.

"Not now Nidu". "Amma, you say we go park. Come", Nidra pulled the blanket off her. "Please Nidu, don't disturb me. Please"! "No Amma, you promise"!

Ruthira kept quiet. "Why Aathira cry? Ammaaaaa, comeeeee"! "Nidra, don't irritate me! Amma will bring you to the park tomorrow". "NO NOWWWWWW"!

"SHUT UP", Ruthira got up from the bed and slapped her. "RUTHIRA"! She looked to her left and saw Rudra glaring at her. "WAAH WAAH! Amma slap", Nidra run into her father's arms.

"Are you out of your mind! Why would you slap her"! He saw Aathira wailing and quickly went to her. He picked her up with one arm and calmed both the kids.

"We are not over this", snapping, he went out. Ruthira rushed to the toilet and cried. "Useless bitch", she whispered seeing her reflection on the face mirror.

=====

"Why would you slap her"? "I was having a headache and she kept irritating me, Rudra". "That doesn't mean you slap her"! "Put yourself in my shoes for once"!

"She's just a kid. You have to tell her nicely", he spoke softly. "I did- you're right, I'm sorry. I'll apologise to her", Ruthira whispered. "Hmmm, I'll go check on her", he went to the living room while she chuckled at her pathetic self.

=====

Rudra got Nidra ready in a blue and yellow suit and after a while he got ready in a blue Kurta. "Ruthira, are you ready? The wedding is going to start soon".