Chapter 77 || Familiarity

Two weeks had past since the death of Rudra's grandmother

Two weeks had past since the death of Rudra's grandmother. Fortunately, contrary to Ruthira's fear, he was able to handle the whole situation well. For a couple of days they cried together reliving her memories.

Ruthira might not have spent much time with her but that elder woman loved her to no end and vice versa. Thankfully, Nidra was not affected much as she was not close to her great grandmother. Another fear Ruthira had was that the funeral might trigger Nidra's memories of Aathira's funeral. Fortunately, that didn't happen as well.

"Rudra, are you done showering! You're taking forever"! "I'm shitting, give me 15 minutes"!

"You've been saying that since I got home! I've even gotten ready and you're still inside"!

"My shit is stuck"! "Use a fork to get it out then"! "Why don't you help me"! Rudra screamed. One, because of the pain in his asshole and another was for the constant nagging of his wife. Ruthira groaned with frustration and sat on the bed.

It was the 50th anniversary of Rudra's college and to celebrate that a dinner party was being held. Currently, the time on the wall clock showed five minutes to six. The party was at 7. Ruthira being Ruthira, hated to be late and she knew for sure that tonight they were going to be the last one to arrive.

"You know what! Why don't you use your newly done white nails to shove up my ass and dig the shit out", Rudra spatted, still annoyed with her 'fork' remark. Ruthira looked at her newly done white acrylic nails and gasped.

"I think it's much longer than a fork and it'll be much better. Also you can turn the white into brown for free"! Ruthira let her jaw drop down in shock still looking at her nails. "Look at the nails she has done! As long as a ladder"!

Her chest heaved up and down furiously while she stared at the toilet door. "Then maybe you should have opened your fucking mouth and said the stupid comments you're giving now when I was doing my nails. Boom Boom Maadu maathiri thalaiya aadikkithu ippo vanthu nalla vakaneya pesu"!

(Come and talk now when all you did was shake your head like a 'Boom Boom' cow)

"TRANSLATION"! "GOOGLE TRANSLATE! OR GO FUCKING LEARN YOU LAZY ASS MORON"! "EXCUSE ME"! "YOU'RE EXCUSED"!

"WOOF WOOF"! Butter barked loudly trying to break the fight between the two adults. Rudra washed his ass in a hurry knowing how late it was getting. Ruthira sighed and stormed out of the room to the living room.

Opening the balcony door, she settled on the chair, staring at the view infront of her. It wasn't a perfect view of beautiful scenery. It was just an empty grass field followed by the busy roads. However, that was enough to make her feel home.

"Let's go". She felt a touch on her shoulder. Jerking it off, she got up and took her clutch. "Are you mad? I'm sorry". "I'm not mad". Her face though showed the opposite. "We're not leaving without settling this. I'm sorry I shouldn't have been so rude".