Chapter 29 || Apprehension

"We know what you have went through recently is extremely traumatising

"We know what you have went through recently is extremely traumatising. As the head of the channel, I apologise that you had to experience that".

Ruthira looked at him blankly, "so is my resignation accepted"? Kishore Nanda let out a big sigh, "I'm sorry, it's not". She frowned, "I'm giving a 2 weeks notice. Why is it not accepted"?

"Aaruthira, you are one of the best employee here, and I can't lose you. The committee and I had even decided to promote you to the Head of Department".

Ruthira shut her eyes hearing that. "What I want to offer you is that, take a 6 months break. Do anything that will help you. I need my employee back".

"No sir, I've had enough". "Please Aaruthira, take these few months break. But even after that you don't feel like working here then I'll immediately accept your resignation".

Ruthira thought about it for awhile. "Fine sir, but after 6 months I need it to be an immediate resignation without the 2 week notice". "Alright. Thank you so much for agreeing".

Ruthira smiled and stood up, "thank you for your time, sir". "No, thank you. I wish you all the happiness in life". She chuckled and nodded before leaving his cabin.

=====

"So that's your final decision", Yeshna asked. "Hmmm". "And what about Nidra"? "That will be her choice whether she wants to live with her mother or father", Ruthira said.

"When are you leaving"? "Next week". "Must you really go, Aaru"? "I must. My wounds are still fresh. And it isn't going to bring any help if it remains that way".

"Then your therapy", Yeshna mumbled. "I'll book an appointment there". "Bhai"?

Ruthira looked up, "I miss him. Miss him so much. I never thought I could even live this long without him by my side. But... indirectly we have hurt each other a lot. I can't just blame him when he didn't know what was happening in my life".

"He is to be blame, Aaru! He shut you out"! "We shut each other out. I didn't put in effort to communicate too. I didn't care about Nidra as well".

"Because he didn't provide you with an opportunity to do that", Yeshna slammed her fist on the table. "That's kind of true. But with Nidra, I was at fault. I didn't talk to her. And before you say anything, he will never be the reason why I took that decision".

Yeshna rolled her eyes to calm herself. "And so now you are going to ignore him, just like he did to you"? "Yes, I guess". Yeshna sarcastically chuckled, "the both of you are the most dumbest people I have ever seen"!

Ruthira wanted to say something but Yeshna beat her to that. "For fuck sake, this is the third time! Just keep running away from your problems"!

"Yesh-". "No! I'm so done with y'all! Behave like adults, please"! Ruthira wiped her tears, "I'm trying, okay! It's not like I want to go leaving everyone here. But I feel suffocated! I need to breath. I want to. I need a new environment for that".