Bonus Chapter

Ruthira frowned upon receiving a call from an unknown number

Ruthira frowned upon receiving a call from an unknown number. "Hello"? Her attention drifted away from the laptop infront of her. "Is this Mrs Roy Chowdhury"? "Yes"? She grew tensed thinking about who this lady was. The lady on the other side of the line said something making her gasp.

"Nidra has what"! Her hands automatically shut the laptop and stuffed it in her bag. "When did this happen"? As the answer came in, she tensely pressed her forehead.

"Yes.... Okay.... Yes, I'll be there in about 15 minutes".

"Nidra...", she groaned in annoyance before picking her bag. As she made her way out of the cabin she bumped into Andrea. "Aaru, what happened"? "I got to go to Nidra's school", she explained the whole situation.

"Alright, don't forget to apply for the leave online. I'll inform sir", Andrea said. "Thank you, Andy. Bye".

Ruthira rushed out to the carpark and started the engine of her vehicle. Before she drove, she messaged Rudra about where she was going. As she covered the distance between her workplace and Nidra's school, her mind started creating a scenario of its own.

Finally after what seemed like 20 minutes, she reached the destination. Grabbing only her phone and car keys, she dashed inside with a slight panic. When she reached the principal's office, she stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

With the back of her palm, she dabbed the sweat on her forehead and upper lip. Letting out a deep sigh, she nodded to herself and knocked the door. "Come in". Ruthira quietly opened the door to reveal herself to the people inside.

Her eyes travelled to the principal who had a frown on her face and the other lady who was Nidra's form teacher. "Latha ma'am, she's Nidra's mother", the teacher whispered. "Oh. Mrs Roy Chowdhury? Please have a seat".

Ruthira awkwardly glanced at the both of them before taking a seat infront of the principal. "Erm, what actually happened"? Latha kept her pen down and signalled the teacher to say. "Nidra and another student has fought with a boy. The boy's parents are already here but we have asked them to be in another room to not get worked up on seeing you and the other student's parents".

Visibly shocked, Ruthira shook her head in denial. "T- that can't be true. Nidra doesn't raise her hands at anyone. She knows it's wrong and she has never done that to her siblings either". "Mrs Roy Chowdhury, Nidra and the other student have admitted to what they did. We called you only after they confessed", the principal added.

Ruthira could feel the emerging headache at the back of her head. Her hands went up to palm her tired face. "Then where is the other student's parents? It's not fair for me to wait here while they take their own sweet time. Both kids were wrong not just my daughter". The frustration and disappointment of Nidra's behaviour triggered a nerve in her to snap.

The principal nodded, "yes, where is Mrs Adhiseshaiya by the way"? Ruthira snapped her eyes open upon hearing her. "Madam, five minutes ago she said she was on her way. I think maybe she might be stuck in the traffic-".