Chapter 18 || Last Time

Ruthira could hear the wails and cries from the living room

Ruthira could hear the wails and cries from the living room. She shut her ears with her hands and cowered into the corner of the room.

"Aaru, come", Brinda caressed her hair. "No", she mumbled. "Please, Aaru. See her for the last time".

Last time?

"No, no! She can't leave"!

Ruthira pushed her mother's hand and ran to the living room where she saw everyone wearing white, sitting on the floor. In between them laid her two month old daughter, with garlands.

"Who gave y'all the permission to do this", she whispered but no one heard. "Aaru", Brinda came behind her. "WHO GAVE Y'ALL THE PERMISSION TO DO THIS"!

Everyone flinched and looked at her. "She's dead. What else do you expect", Maitra mumbled. Ruthira glared at her before rushing to the body.

Taking a bunch of the garlands, she flinged it away. She picked Aathira up in her arms. "AARU"! Mohanraj tried stopping her but Ruthira pushed his arms away.

"NOBODY WILL TOUCH HER"! "Enough of your drama, Aaruthira", Rudra spat and moved towards her. "Don't take her", Ruthira mumbled, with tears. "Aaru Ma, let's send her off peacefully-".

"NO! I'M HER MOTHER! I KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR HER"!Nidra looked at her parents with tears. Rudra forcefully tried to take Aathira from her arms. "Please don't, Rudra", she begged.

Rudra's heart pained to see her cry but the pain of losing his daughter empowered his emotions. Her carelessness throughout the whole period of Aathira's birth, angered him.

"Sorry", he whispered, before pulling Aathira out of her arms. "NO", Ruthira screamed and tried to take her back. But, Brinda and Yeshna held her firmly.

"I think we should bring her, now", Mohanraj wiped his tears. "Amma, Ma, please take care of Nidra", Rudra told them before getting out of the house. The rest of the men followed them.

"Let me go, please"! "Aaru, please! You're scaring Nidra and Butter", Yeshna hugged her. "I DON'T FUCKING CARE"! Ruthira pushed her and sprinted out.

"AARU! ANNI", the five ladies shouted. Yeshna and Nila ran out with her while Yamuna stayed back to take care of Nidra who was wailing in fear of everything that was happening.

"Aaru, come back", Yeshna shouted. "I think she took the stairs", she added and the two of them ran down the stairs.

Ruthira saw the guys walking to the van and sprinted to them. "Aaru", Adhi held her. "Give me back my daughter, please", she joined her hands and slumped onto the ground.

"PLEASE", she cried the loudest she ever had in her entire life. "I'm sorry for killing her, but please just once", she held Rudra's leg. Rudra immediately moved away, not wanting her to touch his leg.

"It's raining heavily Akka, go back". "Just let me hold her once, I'll never ask for anything again". Rudra closed his eyes, letting the tears fall. "Here", he placed Aathira in her arms.