Chapter 35 || Soon

Ruthira swiftly turned back, only to be caught inbetween him and the counter

Ruthira swiftly turned back, only to be caught inbetween him and the counter. "You danced so beautifully", he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "R- Rudra"?

"Hmmm", Rudra hummed as he observed her face. This was what he was waiting for. To see her this close after so many days. He smiled, leaning forward to kiss her head.

Ruthira pushed him away gently. Understanding that she didn't want it, he moved back. "Sorry, I made you uncomfortable", he added, looking elsewhere. "Uh, no you didn't. It's fine".

"What are you doing here"? "I told you, surprise! I'm not going to run away from my problems, Ruthira. I want us to face it together". "I had told you that I needed time. Then why are you here"?

Rudra's mood fell hearing her, "are you not happy seeing me"? Ruthira took some time to answer. "I am. But I'm not in the state to reciprocate your feelings. You might only lose hope".

"I don't understand. Are you saying that you are giving up on us"? "No. I- I just realised something big. Something- something that has changed my life. I'm going for therapy, Rudra. I'm trying to heal myself. I'm starting to love myself again.

The only thought I have is Nidra. I want to be a better mom for her. Call me selfish, I don't care. The whole plan was for me to come here and just take a break from everything.

I am dedicating this time solely only to Nidra and myself. You're just going to waste your time here. Once I'm ready, I myself will come there".

"Do you still love me, Ruthira"? "What kind of question is this"? "Just answer please". Ruthira nodded, "I do. Alot". Rudra smiled, "that's enough for me. I can wait forever", he kissed her head.

Ruthira didn't push him away this time. His lips lingered on her head for a couple of seconds, "I'm sorry for everything everyone has caused you. You were never the reason for anything".

Ruthira hugged his torso and hid herself in his arms. "I- I didn't kill them, Rudra. It was an accident. I'm not a murderer. I didn't kill my own children".

"Yes, you never", he caressed her head. "My Ruthira will never". "I'm going to stay here and win your trust again. Until I gain it, I'm never leaving".

"Your job will be affected". "I can get another job but I can never get another Ruthira. The one standing infront of me is who I need. She's my breath, my oxygen, my heart, my everything".

"And yet you left her all alone", she broke the hug. Rudra cupped her face, "yes. Like the biggest fool, I left her when I needed to embrace her with all the love she needed. And that's why I'm here to rectify my mistakes".

"What if it takes forever"? "Then I'll wait forever". "Can I trust your words"? "Yes, with confidence. I know you're scared that I'll leave you again. And that's why the whole 'avoid Rudra' is planned. I promise Ruthira, I'll never hurt you ever again".