Chapter 7 || Gift

Laali Laali 🎼

Laali Laali 🎼

It was Rudra's 40th birthday. They were celebrating it in a small scale at Maitra's and Shaswat's place.

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to Rudroneel
Happy birthday to you"!

A series of claps emerged when Rudra blew the candles off. "Make a wish", Maitra suggested. Rudra closed his eyes and wished for his family's well being.

He cut the cake and fed the first piece to Ruthira. "Here", she fed him back. "For me! For me", Nidra tugged on his hair. "Ouch, that hurts bubba".

"Bad manners Nidu", Ruthira sternly said, gently tapping on her hand. "Bad manners Niduuuuu", Nidra mimicked. "Aaru, she's exactly like you. Do you remember Mohan, how she will imitate whatever I say", Brinda chuckled.

"Yes, how can I forget", Mohanraj replied. "No, I wasn't like that. I was the most well behaved kid. Don't make my image less infront of this brat".

Nidra pocked her tongue out making Ruthira roll her eyes. "Okay, here's your gift", Maitra passed him Rudra an album. "What's this, Ma"? "Open and see".

Rudra opened the album and flipped through the pages. It had photos of all important occasions that had happened in his life. "Thank you both, this is so sweet", he thanked Maitra and Shaswat.

Everyone gave him their gifts except Ruthira. "Aaru, what's your gift", Abhi asked. "My gift is something no one would have thought of. And it can only be given privately first".

"Is it a kiss or something", Yeshna rolled her eyes. "Something more than that". Mohanraj cleared his throat awkwardly not wanting to hear about his daughter's private life.

Ruthira widened her eyes on understanding how her words had came out. "It's nothing explicit by the way". "Tsk, then tell", Rudra whined.

"Are you sure"? "Hurry Amma", Nidra whined. "Threeeeeee. Twooooo. On-". "Aaruthira! Shut up and give it", Yeshna gritted her teeth. Ruthira smiled and took hold of Rudra's hand. She brought it forward and placed it on her stomach.

"What's in your stoma-", Rudra trailed off. Everyone gasped realising what her gift was. "You're pr- preg-", he cried. She nodded, "we're pregnant. We're going to have another baby".

"You're not playing with me right"? Ruthira chuckled with tears as she wiped his. "No, we are having a junior Aaruthira or Rudroneel". Rudra pulled her into his embrace immediately.

He sobbed loudly, "I'm so happy. Thank you". All were weeping together with them. Nidra looked around in confusion. "Why crying"? Ruthira pulled out from the hug and carried her.

"Nidu's going to be a big sister". "Big sister"? "Yes. You will have a younger brother or sister in about 5 months". "You're four months along", Maitra and Brinda gasped at the same time.