Chapter 11 || Prayer

Kannaana Kanney 🎼

Kannaana Kanney 🎼

White.

White was what Ruthira saw when she opened her eyes "Ahhh", she groaned while trying to sit up. On feeling her movements, Rudra woke up.

"Water". Rudra poured her a glass of water as he pressed the button to call the nurse. She gulped it in a go. "How long have I been here? What happened to me"? His eyes immediately started watering, when he thought about the incident.

"You went into shock, Ruthira. You were bleeding excessively. Thank god! They were quick to handle everything", he hugged her gently. "I'm fine now", she kissed his head.

Rudra hummed, "we have our third daughter! Do you want to see her"? Ruthira's smile immediately dropped. "Anything wrong", he asked. "Oh. I'm a little tired. I'll meet her later".

Rudra agreed. "Where's Nidra"? "She's with Yeshna and Abhi. They are all on their way". "Oh, how long has it been"? "Two days. You woke up yesterday but you were very weak".

She nodded. "Thank you, Ruthira. Thank you so much for going through so much of pain to bring our angel". "Hmmm". Just then the nurse walked inside with the baby.

"There she is", Rudra mumbled. The nurse handed over the baby to Ruthira. "I'll teach you how to feed her", she said. Ruthira looked at the baby bundled up in her arms.

"She's so cute, isn't she", Rudra chuckled. "Hmmm", she hummed with a small smile. The nurse taught her how to feed the baby.

"Why is she not drinking", Ruthira sighed in irritation. "It will take some time dear. Some newborns don't know how to drink or they will refuse to drink. You can also pump the milk if you want to. But at the end of the day, patiency is the key".

Only after an hour, she was done feeding the baby. The baby was kept in the cradle beside her bed. In another half an hour, their family had arrived.

They were all gushing happily about the baby. "Hey, why are you so quiet", Yeshna sat beside Ruthira. "Nothing much. Just tired probably". "I see. Anyways, congratulations mummy", she hugged her gently.

"Thank you". "Aaru, have you fed her", Maitra asked. "Hmmm". "What's with you and your 'hmmms' today, Ruthira". "I'm just tired". "Oh sorry kanna, we were all so excited about the baby. Take some rest", Brinda pecked her forehead.

"Nidu, come". Rudra helped Nidra get onto the bed. "I miss you Amma, so much"! "I miss you too da", she kissed Nidra's cheeks. "Sister cute", Nidra gave a big smile.

"You're cute", Ruthira rubbed her nose with Nidra's, who giggled. "Come Nidra, let Amma rest", Yeshna tried taking Nidra from the bed. "No Yeshu, let her be here".

Yeshna nodded her head and let Ruthira take Nidra in her arms.  

=====

Brinda took the aarti of Ruthira, Rudra, Nidra and the newborn. "Gu", the baby whined in Rudra's arms, before waking up from her sleep. "Her eyes looks so different now. She has your eyes, Aaru", Maitra gasped.