Chapter 36 || Friend

"Akka, why all these preparations? Who's coming", Ruthira asked Aaruna

"Akka, why all these preparations? Who's coming", Ruthira asked Aaruna. "Guess". "I don't know? Mama's parents"? "Nope. Your jaddi buddy"!
(Diaper)

"Jaddi buddy", she frowned. Slowly the frown turned into a realisation, "Srinish"? "Yes", Aaruna smiled. "Oh! Why"? "He's coming back to Chennai now and after the death of his parents he has no one else here. That's why Thatha suggested him to stay here".

"Oh, I see", Ruthira mumbled. "Do you remember him"? "Nope, I only remember his name. I was what, three, when they shifted to Canada. How can I possibly remember".  "True", Aaruna shrugged.

'Honk! Honk'!

"Oh, I think he's here", Aaruna rushed out. Ruthira looked at the entrance while preparing Nidra's breakfast. "Good morning", Rudra mumbled when he sat on the chair beside Ruthira.

"Morning". "Where's Nidra"? "Playing with the chickens and cows outside". Rudra nodded. 

"And there she is, Sri", Harikrishnan said loudly. Rudra and Ruthira turned to see him. Rudra frowned when he saw the unfamiliar face coming behind.

The both of them stood up from the chair to greet him. "Sri, come here. Do you remember him"? "Uh, not really. It was long ago", Ruthira mumbled.

"Yes, Thatha. I was six when I left. If I myself forgot everything I don't think she'll remember". "That's right". Rudra couldn't help but feel curious to know who he was. He walked nearer to them.

"I'm Srinish", he extended his hand. "Aaruthira", she shook his hand. "How are you"? "I'm good, what about you"? "Fine as well. But I will be better after a hug".

Ruthira laughed and hugged him, "welcome back to Chennai". "Thank you", he said. Rudra fumed as he clenched his fists. He wasn't a type to get jealous over his wife's male friends. But somehow today, he just didn't like Srinish!

"Why is he hugging Amma"! Rudra turned to see Nidra glaring at Srinish with her arms crossed. "I don't know. I don't like him". "Me too", she said. Rudra looked at Nidra and smirked. 

"Bubba, I think we have some important tasks to do incase some leeches come near Amma". "Like", she asked. "Keeping him away from Amma as much as possible".

"What if he still hug"? He took Nidra in his arms. "Then each time he hugs her, we'll punish him without his knowledge". Nidra smirked, "Deal".

=====

"Arun, why did you change the channel? What's better than watching Chennai Express in Chennai", Rudra said. Arun stared at him with his eyes wide and passed him the remote. "Do you like that movie"?

"I haven't seen it fully but I've watched the first half. It seems interesting", he changed the channel. "Interesting", Arun repeated his word with great offense.

'Chennai nai nai nai nai nai nai Chennai Express'

"Eh who put that stupid movie", Harikrishnan shouted from the kitchen. "Change the channel, Arun", Ruthira spat with her nose scrunched up in annoyance. "Why? It's a nice movie, let's watch it", Rudra smiled.