Chapter 56 || Sneaking

"Bubba, how was your first day yesterday"? Rudra carried Nidra in his arms

"Bubba, how was your first day yesterday"? Rudra carried Nidra in his arms. "Good. But they laugh when I say my name", she whined. "If you say Nidu bubba who won't laugh", Ruthira rolled her eyes. "Amma jealous because she no name"!

"Excuse me, I have the most nicest name", she spat. "Like cartoon", Nidra poked her tongue out. "This girl", Ruthira went forward to scold her but Rudra chuckled and held her back. "Leave her, Ruthira. She's a kid and you want to fight with her". "Find someone your age", Nidra snapped.

"See! See how she's talking to me"! "Gosh! The both of you stop it! Behave, we're in the temple", Rudra glared. "Tell that to your daughter"! "She blaming me"! "I said enough"! Ruthira huffed, crossing her arms.

"Do you want to set up the lamps"? "Oh right", she took out the plastic bag from her bag. Once they settled down in an area, she filled two lamps with ghee and wicks.

Rudra and Ruthira lit the lamp and prayed for the well-being of their family. After they were done, they took a seat to be in the peaceful ambiance.

"Appa can we get ice cream later"? "Yes-". "No, you just had one three days ago", Ruthira said. "You eat whole tub"! "What is this habit of talking back? Is this what you're learning in school"! Rudra was taken aback by the way she was scolding Nidra.

"Calm down, Ruthira. She didn't mean it", he rubbed her back to calm her down. Nidra took deep breaths angry at how her mother was reprimanding her. "You scold me! Amma bad! She scold me"! Her lips quivered as she hugged Rudra, stuffing her face in his neck.

Ruthira closed her eyes and fisted her hands to control her displeasure. "She didn't mean to scold you but she's right, Nidra. You can't be talking back to your mother everytime. What she said was for your own good. Would you like it if you fall sick"? "No", her answer came out wobbly.

"We don't like it either, to see you sick. That's why Amma scolded you. But you were rude. It's fine to speak for ourselves but Amma doesn't say anything for no reason. Understand"? "Understand, Appa". Nidra pulled out of the hug and went to Ruthira.

"Sorry". "Come here", they shared a hug as Ruthira pecked her forehead. "All sorted", Rudra asked. "Hmmm", Nidra nodded. "Shall we leave now? It's going to be seven soon", he added. "Yeah, sure".

He followed their car that she was driving, with his bike. Once they reached the building, he waited for Ruthira and Nidra to go up first before driving off.

=====

"Aaru, we're leaving now". Ruthira confusely looked at Brinda, "huh"? "My colleague's daughter's engagement! Aaru how can you forget, I told you"! "Oh, I think I forgot". "Saapadu tavara ellathaiyum forget pannu"!
(Forget everything except food)

She rolled her eyes, tying Adrika's hair. "Are the kids ready", Adhi came out of the kitchen with his cup of coffee. "I am", Oviyan chirped. Nila and Adhi were bringing the kids to meet Nila's parents. The older couple missed spending time with the kids and requested if it was possible to spend the day together.