Chapter 63 || Grateful

Rudra smiled, tucking a sleeping Ruthira's hair behind her ear

Rudra smiled, tucking a sleeping Ruthira's hair behind her ear. "Happy anniversary", he whispered softly in her ear. "Hmmm", she whined feeling ticklish. "Happy anniversary", he chuckled.

"Huh", she rubbed her eyes before narrowing them at him for disturbing her sleep. "What"! "Happy anniversary". Her lips stretched into a wide smile. "Happy anniversary", she mumbled. "Five years went by so fast".

"Yeah", he continued staring at her. "Stop looking at me like that. You're making me blush", she giggled, hiding her face in his chest. "That's what I want". "Rascal", she smacked his chest.

"Do you remember the dinner treat today by our parents"? "I do. We're telling them right", Ruthira asked. "Hmmm". "But before that let's tell Nidra. She needs to know it before everyone else do. Let's tell her in the morning". She hummed, snuggling into his arms.

=====

In the morning, they waited for Nidra to wake up.

"Goofy goody morning", Nidra announced her presence loudly. She still had her blanket in her hands. Dragging her legs, she climbed up her father's leg. "Goofy goody morning, Appa"! "Good morning".

"Are you sleepy", he asked while braiding her hair. "No! Hungry"! "Amma's showering. After she's done, we can have our breakfast". "Okay. I need to go brush my teeth. I'll be back. Excuse me". She got down and ran to the toilet.

Rudra chuckled hearing her polite tone. Ever since she started school, she had learned many things. One of it was 'excuse me'. She used it everytime.

"Is the sleeping beauty up"? Ruthira came out of the room, wiping her hair with the towel. "She is". "Goofy goody morning, Amma"! "Good morning! How was your sleep? Any dreams"?

"Yeah! I saw myself in a candy house. So many! There were cookies on my right, and chocolates on my left. When I came out of the house, I saw ice cream floating in the air. I took my favourite one and eat. Mmmm, it was so good. But when I wake up, no more! I'm so sad", her mood went from happiness to slight sadness.

"We can have ice cream later, how about that"? "Great, thank you", she bowed. "Come, let's have breakfast", Rudra called them both.

"Outmeal waffles topped with vanilla bean yogurt and a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup. To go along with that we have badam milk. And of course berry fruit salad", he did a chef's kiss, praising his cooking. "That's a feast", Ruthira commented.

"Does it have banana berry"? "No. By berries I meant strawberry and raspberry. Banana though is a berry, no one calls it banana berry. It's just banana", he explained. "I call it banana berry and I'll teach everyone to call it a berry. It's important to learn the right things".

"You're too smart for your age", Ruthira proudly said. "Is that a bad thing", her eyes widened on its own. "Of course not. It doesn't matter if you're smart or not smart. You are my most favourite person in this world", she squeezed Nidra who squealed. "Both of you it's getting late. Let's eat".