Chapter 15 || Day Out

Yeshna: Even last week you denied to come over

Yeshna: Even last week you denied to come over. I don't care! You are coming tomorrow!

Ruthira: I'm tired, Yeshu. I don't want to come. There's no one to look after the kids.

Yeshna: Just bring them over. Mumma volunteered to take care of Ashna and Ashrav. I'm sure she wouldn't mind two extra kids.

Ruthira: It's not that, Yeshu. I don't want to just dump my responsibilities on her.

Yeshna: Aaru! It's find to just unwind yourself once in a while. You need that.

Ruthira: No, I don't feel like-

Yeshna: I don't care! I'm picking you up from your house-

Ruthira: IF I SAY I DON'T WANT, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! STOP IRRITATING ME! YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP FLEXING YOUR PERFECT LIFE TO ME!

Yeshna: Aaru? What's wrong?

Ruthira: Nothing. I'm sorry for shouting. I'm just very tired. I'll call you back later. I'm going to sleep now.

Yeshna: Okay. Bye. Please call me if you need to talk. Don't keep it within yourself.

Ruthira hanged the phone up and threw it on the bed. She hugged her knees to her chest and cried. "SHUT UP"! She took a pillow and pressed it against her own face.

"Woof! Aluuu", Butter pushed the pillow out of her hands. "I'm tired, Butter. I feel like giving up", Ruthira hugged him. The husky laid on the floor while Ruthira placed her head on his body.

"Everything will be fine, right"? "Woof"! Ruthira faintly smiled, "I trust you, Butter".

=====

A month later

Andrea: How have you been? You didn't answer our calls.

Ruthira: If I didn't answer, it means I'm busy.

Andrea: I see. You are using that tone on me.

Ruthira: How can I help you, Andrea?

Andrea: Why are you so angry?

Ruthira: Come to the point!

Andrea: Okay, I wanted to buy some clothes for the baby. Will you follow me?

Ruthira: I'm not free. Ask Madavh.

Andrea: I want to surprise him. Please! Please!

Ruthira: When?

Andrea: When are you free?

Ruthira: Probably next week. After Nidra's school starts.

Andrea: Okay then, meet you next week.

=====

"Cute right", Andrea showed Ruthira a romper. "It's cute but a little advise, try to size up. Nidra couldn't fit into the sizes we got according to her age", Ruthira said.

"Oh I remember. That chonky little Nidra who had rolls on her thighs. Ahhh, so cute", Andrea cried. "It's okay", Ruthira understood it was her hormones and rubbed her back.

"What if my baby doesn't have any fat rolls? I will be sad". Ruthira couldn't help but laugh at Andrea's pout. "You're so bad"! "Don't worry, most babies have rolls".

Andrea happily nodded and got involved in the process of choosing the clothes. Ruthira too took a few outfits for Nidra and Aathira. "Andy, I'll go pay first. I need to feed her". "Ya, sure".

Ruthira payed for her things and sat on a stool in the shop. After making sure that she could see Andrea, she took out the baby bottle and fed Aathira.

"Can I try"? She nodded and passed the bottle and baby to Andrea. "Support the head". Andrea nodded and held Aathira to her chest.

"Aww look, she's drinking so fast"! Ruthira nodded absentmindedly. Andrea put Aathira back in her stroller after she was done feeding. "I'm very hungry. Come let's eat", she dragged Ruthira to the food court.

"Slowly, Andy. The food isn't running away". "Iz zho chood", Andrea mumbled. "What? Swallow that before speaking"! Andrea sheepishly smiled before repeating.

"This pasta is very good. Do you want to try"? "No, it's okay. I'm quite full". "Okay". In another 15 minutes, she was done eating.

"Aaru, did you like sex when you were pregnant"? "It was okay. But sometimes my back hurt". "Okay. Madavh and I are waiting for the first trimester to be over before we do it".

"Yeah, it's advisable to not do it now", Ruthira mumbled. "Hmmm. Okay, shall we leave? Madavh will be waiting for me". "Sure".

=====

"Ma said she called you". Rudra placed his bag on the couch. "Hmmm". "She said you kind of shut her up when she asked you about the kids".

"Wow! She's bitching about me now. Never thought she would behave like a typical mother in law", Ruthira chuckled. "Ruthira, you don't get to talk about my mother like this. You're crossing the line".

"Crossing the line? If you say so"! "Fuck off, Ruthira"! Rudra pushed the chair. "I called her and I was the one who asked her why she was so upset! She didn't purposely call me to 'bitch' about you. She has better things than that"!

Ruthira chuckled and made her way to the room. "What's wrong with you, Ruthira? Ever since Aathira was born, you are different. You are scaring me".

"When everything is changing, why should I remain the same". "Do you not want our kids? Do you hate them"? "YES! I HATE HAVING AATHIRA! SHE IRRITATES THE SHIT OUT OF ME! ALL SHE DO IS CRY AND SUCK THE LIFE OUT ME! WHY DON'T SHE JUST DIE"!

"RUTHIRA"! He slapped her. "You slapped me for her! For that baby who you knew only for 2 months, you slapped your wife of four years! She don't deserve to live"!

Ruthira ran to the room with Rudra following behind. She picked Aathira up and slammed open the balcony door. He gasped and moved forward.

"GET DOWN", he screamed. "I'm sorry, Rudra. I can't let her live, neither can I live peacefully after killing her. I have always loved you, Nidra and Butter".

Rudra smirked, "please jump! Jump Ruthira, jump! You don't deserve to live. Die! Just die"! He ran with all his speed and pulled Aathira from her.

"I never loved you"! She looked at him in shock. "Good. Bye. Trash", he pushed her shoulder. As she fell, Rudra saw the shock in her eyes.

Ruthira stretched her hand out as a way of reaching him. But she felt the hard surface beneath her, knocking off all senses.

Ruthira woke up with a thud.

Her body shivered with the adrenaline that made her heart pump fast. Drop by drop, tears and sweat dropped together. She couldn't stop the trembling of her body.

It's a dream!

She understood that she had fallen asleep in the couch after doing the laundry. "God! This is not good", she rushed to the room.  On seeing Aathira sleeping peacefully, Ruthira released a breath of relief,

"I'm scared".

Do vote, comment and share 🤞🏾

Gosh, babies grow so fast!

❤️,
DD