Chapter 71 || Oblivion

'Ring Ring'!

'Ring Ring'!

Seeing Rahul on the phone, Ruthira frowned a little.

Rahul: Hello?

Ruthira: Yeah, hi.

Rahul: There's something important. Are you free now?

Ruthira: Yes, I am.

Rahul: Okay can you come down to the station.

Ruthira: Sure, I'll be there in 20 minutes.

Rahul: Okay, bye.

Ruthira was driving back home after dropping Nidra in school. Now after ending the call, she changed the direction to the police station.

"Hi, please sit", Rahul shared a brief hug when she entered his cabin with Eashev in her arms. "Hi. What happened? You sounded very tensed on the phone". "It's about Chaya's case".

Ruthira grew stiff hearing her name, "that's close, isn't it"? "Until yesterday. Ivaan has reopened the case". "Ivaan? The CEO Ivaan Rai", she exclaimed.

"Yes. I don't understand too but I'm sure there's something big behind this. He and Chaya's mother came together to open up the case". She sighed and leaned back, internally calculating his move.

"Another thing. Chaya's brother got into a very bad accident, last week. It's not a coincidence, Aaru. You were someone who was closely involved with the case. You kept writing articles about it over and over again. I felt like you deserve to know".

"But it doesn't make sense. Why Ivaan? Why Chaya's mother, the same one who didn't fight then? Why does she want to open the case a year later"? "Exactly my question. There's something he's planning. This is a distraction to cover that up".

A moment went in silence before Rahul spoke again. "Just be careful, Aaru". She raised an eyebrow, "are you trying to say I'll be harmed"? "I don't know. It's just a precaution. If anything, call me immediately. If not, call the police or someone else". "I will, Rahul. Don't worry".

"Anyways, how's Aarti and the kids". "They are fine. How about you and the kids", he took Eashev in his arms. "We're fine. Nidra misses Rudra alot". "It's only a surprise if she doesn't miss him". The both of them laughed before chatting about other things.

=====

"Hello, hold on", Ruthira juggled with her phone and grocery bags. "Nidu, keep this there". Nidra huffed before helping her mother keep the juice carton in the fridge. "Always ask me to do! Why don't you do it yourself", she scoffed.

"Aren't I the one cooking for you? Why don't you do it yourself", Ruthira held her hips. "Hehehe! Just kidding. I'll do anything you ask", Nidra giggled, hugging her by her waist. "Go and do your homework. I still haven't forget what happened last week".