Chapter 20 || Pain

Rudra paced around the living room like a mad man

Rudra paced around the living room like a mad man. It had been three hours since his wife had left the house. Her phone was on switched off and there was no way he could communicate with her.

The jiggles of Butter's collar bell gained his attention. When he saw Ruthira walking in with Butter, he felt like he could finally breath.

Ruthira looked at him with a small frown. She couldn't understand why was he awake and most importantly, glaring at her. "Irresponsible", he mumbled and stormed to the room.

Shrugging, she locked the door and went to her room for a much needed rest before she started getting back into her old routine.

=====

Ruthira looked at her reflection on the mirror. She had asked herself many times if she was ready to go back to work. To face everyone again.

Even though Andrea was there, Ruthira knew she will be going away for her maternity leave soon. With a sigh, she smoothen out the light creases on her red Kurti. Picking up her bottle, she headed to the kitchen to fill it up.

"Uff", she mumbled when she banged into something or rather someone. "Sorry", she quietly added and walked to the flask.

Rudra looked at her direction for a few seconds before busying himself with the fridge.

Where was the goddamn chicken fucking curry! He internally screamed.

Ruthira side eyed him before leaving the kitchen. "Bye, Butter. See you later', she kissed his head. After pinning up her dupatta, she grabbed her bag and left the house not before praying.

In the next 30 minutes, Rudra managed to make a simple lunch for him and Nidra. "Ready made Chapati and Potato Masala? You said we can have Chicken Curry for lunch today, Appa", Nidra whined as she looked at her lunchbox.

"Sorry, I wanted the Curry too but it's not there. It must have spoiled and Amma must have thrown it away", Rudra served her her toast.

"Toast again? I no want". Nidra pushed the plate away. "Bubba, come and eat. I promise to get you your favourite food". "You lie! You said I can eat Amma's Curry if I eat nuggets. But no Curry! I hate you"!

She got down the chair and rushed to hug Butter. Rudra rubbed his forehead. He got up and took Nidra in his arms. "Bubba, I'm trying. I know it's hard for you too. I'm sorry".

Nidra wailed in his arms. She felt unloved by her mother who was ignoring her presence for so long. And when she made her some Curry finally, she was not able to eat it. "I want Paati and Thakuma".

Rudra managed to calm her down and made her eat her breakfast before dropping her off at school.

=====

"Hi, welcome back. We missed you so much", Tara jumped on Ruthira. "Oi, careful monkey, you are going to make her fall", Shanaya smacked the back of her head.