Chapter 58 || New Beginnings

As Ruthira stood infront of her home, she felt an array of emotions

As Ruthira stood infront of her home, she felt an array of emotions. She was reliving those moments she didn't want to. Those moments she never wanted to see again.

But she knew this time, she had her person with her. She knew nothing was going to pull her down. She had came interms with many things.

She hugged Aathira's photo to her chest as Maitra took the aarti of her, Rudra and Nidra. "Step in with your right leg", Maitra instructed as she applied the vermilion on their foreheads.

Rudra held her back in one hand and the other arm had Nidra in it. Ruthira looked around the house with a smile, missing it to the core. She never wanted to leave now. It was how it always was. Nothing had changed.

"Go wash your legs first", Mohanraj instructed. Nodding, they went ahead and washed their feets before she explored the house. When she stood infront of their room, she hesitated for a little.

"I'm here", Rudra whispered holding her hand. She turned towards him with a teary smile and nodded. Together, they opened the door and entered.

Her eyes lingered at every corner of the room. As she walked further in, she broke down and cried. Rudra hugged her from the back and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"We made it past the obstacle. We're here now, together. You, Nidra and I. We don't have to forget whatever that has happened in our life but this is definitely to prove to ourselves that we are strong.

From this day onwards, it's just going to be filled with happiness. We'll always remember Aathira by giving her the right respect. It doesn't matter if Niveda and Aathira are not with us, we are and will always be a family of 6", he pecked the side of her head.

Feeling droplets of water on her shoulder, Ruthira turned towards him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest. After a minute, she broke the hug and wiped his tears.

"Are you sure about just three kids"? He smiled, "as many as we want". She chuckled while wiping her tears with his shirt. "Do you want to blow your nose as well", he taunted. "I don't mind, do you"? "Yes"!

They shared a laugh before going out to see everyone sitting in the couch. "The pooja is this Friday, don't forget", Maitra said. "Yes Ma", Rudra replied. "Come, I've unpacked the food, let's eat", Brinda said. "I've starving", Nidra whined.

"Someone has learned a new word, wow"! Nidra shyly giggled hearing her father's praises for her. She ran and hide behind Brinda's back to hide herself from everyone's eyes. All of them chuckled at her adorable gesture.

=====

The Friday came faster than expected. In the past few days, Nidra was the happiest. She finally had both her parents and Butter living with her. For Rudra however, Ruthira had strictly restricted him from sex before the prayer was done.