Chapter 24 || Condition

When Rudra reached home, the first thing he did was to ask his mother to call Ruthira

When Rudra reached home, the first thing he did was to ask his mother to call Ruthira. When Maitra had called, Brinda answered the phone and informed them that Ruthira was over there.

Only after hearing that did Rudra get a relief. He had seen someone like Ruthira at the bar. However when he called her, his colleague interrupted him with something. Before he could end the conversation, she was gone.

"Shaswat, what are you doing", Maitra asked when Shaswat was looking through a pile of photos. "Arrey, come come. See which guy will be suitable for Aaru".

His words gained Rudra's attention. He walked to his parents and saw them exchanging a few guys' photos. "What's happening"?

"Neel, do you think your wife and this guy will look good together. Maitra and I feel like they will". "What's all this, Pa"?

Shaswat sighed, "one, you either move back together with her or two, divorce her so that she can find a better husband".

Rudra glared at Shaswat, "it's my life you are trying to dictate". "It's my daughter's life you are spoiling".

Rudra took a deep breath, "I just need some time! Why don't you understand! I'm your son too, why can't you just respect my decision. I'm not going to leave my wife or anything you think of.

But both of us are suffering. If we were to get back together now it will be toxic! Then no matter what we won't be able to reconcile after that.  It will affect Nidra the most to see her parents fighting infront of her eyes".

"As if this environment is so good for my granddaughter. You never allowed her to even meet her mother".

"She doesn't want to meet Nidra. I had messaged her so many times asking when she was free but she says she's never free and that she doesn't want to meet Nidra. I need to leave now, I'll see you guys in the evening".

Rudra took the car keys and left the house. "Shaswat, what is all this? We shouldn't interfere in their life".

"Maitra, your son is dumb. If you were to keep giving him 'space', he and his wife will never get back together. There must be something to instigate him into thinking that he really needs Aaru. That's why I'm bringing his possessive side out", Shaswat smiled like he topped his school.

"Really Shaswat", Maitra shook her head and went to wake Nidra up. "What! It's a great idea", he shouted. He scratched his head and looked at Butter, "it's a good idea, right"?

"Naah", Butter rolled his eyes and walked away. "I can roll my eyes too, doggy"! Shaswat rolled his eyes and went on collecting more photos.

=====

"Ugh", Ruthira whined as she clutched her head. "What am I doing here"? Her gaze fell on the scissors beside her hand. She closed her eyes when what happened flowed in her mind.