Chapter 8 || Angels

Enathuyire 🎼

Enathuyire 🎼

Nidra frowned as she looked at the ultrasound picture. "All black and white. No baby", she shoved the photo into Rudra's hands. "Arrey! Bubba see here", he pointed.

"Oh", Nidra nodded and kissed the photo. "Where my black and white photo"? Ruthira froze and looked at Rudra. "Bubba, remember Appa said two angels gave us Nidra"?

She nodded. "When the two angels gave you to us, they said bubba don't need black and white photo". "Why", she whined. "Because, Nidra is god's gift. Since your angels chose us to be your parents, we don't have the photo, they have it".

"Oh.... Then can we ask angels"?  "We cannot Nidu. After they gave you, they went up to god". Rudra saw how Nidra's face was dull. "But you are very lucky"! She looked at him, confused.

"You have two angels. Not everyone have them". She looked at Ruthira to confirm whether what her father said was true. Ruthira nodded. "I'm special", Nidra screamed and jumped on Rudra.

"You indeed are", Ruthira mumbled, kissing her head. She and Rudra shared a look, internally thanking god for sending her to them.

=====

"I don't know how to tell her", Rudra mumbled, holding Maitra's hand. "Beta, everything will be fine. Just make sure her diet is healthy and nutritious. I'll send some organic food over for weight gain".

"Thanks Ma". "Come, they'll be findings for us". Both mother and son walked to the back of the temple where everyone was present. Yeshna and Abhi had pierced Ashrav's and Ashna's ears when they had turned one.

Only Adrika and Nidra were yet to have their ears pierced. Thus today, they were going to get their ears pierced. When Rudra reached the area he saw Nidra sitting on Adhi's lap and Adrika on her maternal uncle's lap.

"Where did you go", Ruthira whisper yelled. "Sorry", he mumbled. She glared at him a little before shifting her attention to their daughter.

The goldsmith took the needle and positioned it in Adrika's left ear. "Amma", she timidly stretched her arms to Nila. "It's okay da, it won't hurt", Nila pacified her.

"Ahhh", Adrika screamed when the needle went in. Adhi flinched and turned his head to the other side. In matters of seconds, both her ears were adorned with small gold studs with white stone.

"Bubba no want", Nidra whimpered. "It's for a while only. Look at Adrika, she's not crying", Adhi rocked her. "Scared", she turned and hugged him.

"It's just a little pinch and it'll be over. Mama will get you chocolates". "Promise"? "Promise". The goldsmith pierced the needle in.

"WAAH WAAH"! Rudra flinched and hugged Ruthira. He couldn't bring himself to hear her screams. "No want", she cried. "Nidra, look at Adrika. See how nice her earrings are. Don't you want them", Brinda asked.