Chapter 53 || Emotions

"Nidra, are you excited? You're going to see your new school today"! Aran poked her arm, laughing

"Interview too! No fun! Nidu no school", Nidra whined while stuffing the whole Idly in her mouth. "Eyy", Ruthira sternly warned as she pulled the Idly out of her mouth. "Eat smaller bites".

"Are only the two of you going... or is he coming", Mohanraj mumbled. "Appa, under the law, we're still married and he's her father. So he'll definitely be needed there".

Mohanraj sighed while Ruthira went on finding her things around the house. "Has anyone seen my wallet! "No", a chorus followed. "Shit, it's missing"!

"It's okay, we'll find it later. It's getting late, have breakfast and go", Brinda served two Idly on a plate. "Amma, all my cards are inside. I need to bring it".

Adhi noticed Nidra being unusually quiet. "Nidra"? She looked up timidly. "You sure you never saw Amma's wallet"? "No", she mumbled, casting her gaze down. "Look at me and say".

With quivering lips, she looked up. "Under the bed", she mumbled. Ruthira glared at her before flouncing to the room. "Nidra, why did you do that? On top of that lying is bad".

She sobbed, climbing on Adhi's lap. "Nidu no friends here. What if no one like me", she rested her head against his chest. "Who said no one likes you? We all love you, don't we? So what if you don't get any friends, Adu will be there with you".

Nidra looked at Adrika who nodded with a toothy grin. "If you still don't want to go, then it's fine. We can take a year break". "Nevermind, Adu and me best friends".

Everyone smiled seeing the cute relationship between the cousins. "We can tell everyone that we best friends live together", Adrika added. Nidra and her clapped in excitement.

Brinda held the shoulder of Ruthira when she came from the room annoyed. "Don't be mad at her, she was just scared". Looking at Nidra's pouty face, Ruthira gave up on her anger and sighed.

=====

"Mr and Mrs Roy Chowdhury, you may go in".

Rudra carried Nidra in his arms, "bubba just answer as much as you know. If you don't know, it's fine. Whether you answer or don't answer, Amma and Appa are always proud of you. This interview will never define you". "Yes", Ruthira added.

"Good morning, please have a seat", the principal smiled, gesturing the chairs. "I'm madam Susila, principal of this school. So shall we start with the interview"? "Yeah sure", Ruthira added.

"Okay. Hello, what's your full name", the principal smiled at Nidra who smiled back. "Nidu bubba Roy chowdhury". Ruthira and Rudra snapped their head towards each other with shock visible in their eyes.

"Nidu bubba? Not Nidra"? "No ma'am Nidra nickname, Nidu bubba real name", she proudly stated. Susila couldn't help but chuckle at her cuteness.

"What are your parents' name"?  "Mother's name is Amma Mohanraj and father's name is Appa Roy Chowdhury". Ruthira let out a silent cry in her mind.