Chapter 48 || Interruption

Arun wiped his sweat for the tenth time with his handkerchief while standing in the porch area

Arun wiped his sweat for the tenth time with his handkerchief while standing in the porch area. Standing under the scotching heat was no joke. He wondered how the women in his family were able to wear silk sarees and sit beside the burning firewood.

"Phew! Why is it so hot", he cried. "It's good. That means Surya Bhagavan is very happy", Harikrishnan said while keeping an eye on the kids.

Rudra sighed while trying to shift his eyes elsewhere. The thin gold waistband which sat perfectly on Ruthira's waist, sparkled with the sun's ray. He was given a perfect view of it when she decided to tuck the saree in her waist.

"Everyone come, the milk's going to overflow", Kamala shouted. All  went infront and waited. As the milk poured out from the wooden pot everyone said, "pongalo pongal! Pongalo pongal! Pongalo pongal"!

As the milk foam went down, Kamala scooped some rice in her palm and added it in. Like her, everyone took some rice and added it in. Ruthira stirred the content in the pot.

After the pongal was done, Harikrishnan and Rudra carried the pot and lifted it up to the sun, praying.

After that, the sweetened rice was served to the deities in the prayer room. Following the prayer, everyone settled down for their breakfast.

=====

The next day, was the second day of Pongal. Aaradhana had gotten the cows beautifully ready. The four cows had their horns painted with garlands around their necks.

Harikrishnan showed the aarti around the four cows before putting the vermilion on their foreheads. Kamala fed one of the cows some Pongal while Arun, Aaruna and Rudra did the same for the three other cows.

"Ganga", Harikrishnan lovingly rubbed the pregnant cow's stomach. "This girl will be due soon", he happily chuckled. All smiled seeing him so excited.

"And after her our Gomathi will be due, how fast", he added. "Now come, there's Jallikattu later. Whoever is participating better eat well".

Agreeing to his words, everyone except two people went in. Rudra had held Ruthira's hand preventing her from going in. "What"! "Do you know how ravishing you look in this pink saree. Fuck! You're glowing"!

"I know, anything else sir", she smirked. "Yes, I'm very hard now. I need you", Rudra pressed his forehead on hers. "Do you want to touch me"?

"More than touch, Ruthira. More than what you'll imagine"! The slow husky voice was disturbing her hormones. "Tame atleast one bull in the jallikattu and do whatever you want".

Ruthira pushed him away, grinning. As she ran away, he couldn't help but smirk at her demands. "Just jallikattu, must be a piece of cake", he proudly boasted.

=====

A piece of cake huh?

Rudra's inner voice mocked him when he stood inside the playing area with the other contestants. He stood with widened eyes as he saw how a man jump on the hump of the bull.