Chapter 80 || Memories

"Feeding time", Ruthira mumbled, picking Eashev out of his crib

"Feeding time", Ruthira mumbled, picking Eashev out of his crib. Ruthira loved it when she was feeding her kids. It was a bonding moment for her and her kids. But Eashev was Aathira 2.0. He never drank his milk properly. He loved food but he loved troubling his parents more.

When Rudra discovered that, he was worried about Ruthira. But he saw how calm and composed she was and how well she communicated when she needed a break.

"What are you thinking in that small brain of yours", she caressed his head. Eashev in return just stared at her with his big hazel green eyes. An exact replica of his father's. "Look at your eyes", she gushed, gently touched his cheek.

"The Butter Chicken is done. I'll heat up the Naan just in time for lunch", Rudra chirped, entering the room. "Looks like someone is having their lunch", he giggled sitting beside Ruthira, who immediately rested her head on his shoulder.

"Ouch", she shrieked all of her sudden. "What happened", Rudra jerked. "He bit me", she frowned, looking at her husband. "Bite? Oh my god! Is he teething", Rudra cheered. Ruthira pulled him up and gently opened his mouth.

She pushed her fingers in, trying to feel for his teeth. "There"! She showed him the budding tooth. "Oh my god! His first tooth", Rudra chuckled. "So cute", Ruthira pouted. "Wait, let me take a photo. We need to add this in his journal"!

Rudra grabbed his phone and clicked multiple pictures of Eashev who was grumpy all of sudden unlike when he was with his mother.

=====

"AMMA"!

Ruthira sighed, slamming the knife down on the chopping board. "Nidra! Stop shouting", she screamed. "Eshu's walking"! "What", a small chortle exited. If it was not for her five month belly, she would have ran.

Eashev held the couch in his tiny grip and tried pushing himself up. "Oh my god", she cupped her mouth, unbothered about the tears of joy. "He stood up but fell. He's trying again", Nidra boasted with a proud smile.

Rudra needs to see this!

She took her phone from the table and video called him. "What happened", Rudra sat up straight seeing the tears on her face. "Are you free"? "Yes, I am! What is it", he snapped in fear. Ruthira did not forget to screen record before switching the camera.

"Tell me fas-", he stopped seeing what was presented. His features relaxed, letting a choked laugh erupt. "He's w- walking", he mumbled when Eashev took his first step. "Come here", Nidra tapped the floor infront of her. "Woof! Ehu", Butter added his part.

Eashev grinned while displaying his bottom two teeth. He looked at Nidra and Butter who sat next to each other. "Ruthira, our beanie's walking", Rudra cried, rubbing his chest not bothered about the staff room he was in.

"He is", she cried. "Ehee", Eashev screeched in happiness hearing his mother's voice. He snapped his head towards her, clapping his hands. The steps he took quickened, like as though he wanted to show his mother the new milestone he had reached.