Chapter 74 || Trip

"Nidra Roy Chowdhury, stop running around and get inside the car"! "No", Nidra poked her tongue out to her mother before running around again

"Nidra Roy Chowdhury, stop running around and get inside the car"! "No", Nidra poked her tongue out to her mother before running around again. She misunderstood that her mom was playing with her.

"Okay, we can do this all day. We don't have to go for our trip", Ruthira shrugged. "No! Fine", knowing it was indeed annoyance, Nidra sulked, making her way in but stopped when she saw Rudra.

"All done", Rudra asked while pulling the big luggage behind him. "Yeah-  NIDRA, GET IN"! "Amma, don't shout", the little girl covered her ears. "Bubba, what did Amma tell you"? "Get inside", she pouted with her famous puppy eyes.

Ruthira squinted knowing Nidra's trick. "Uh, it's okay. Ruthira, don't shout at her. Come bubba, let Appa help you", he quickly added when he saw Ruthira raising an eyebrow at him. Nidra stifled her giggles with her tiny palm, settling in.

"Keep giving in and one day it's going to backfire you", Ruthira shook her head. "No, nothing will happen", he mumbled while taking Eashev from her arms. Once she sat on the passenger seat, he gave him back to her.

"Iu! Eek! Ne", Eashev babbled, giving a toothless grin. "Enna da, enna ippadi paakure? Huh? Thukam varutha? Thungu thungu", she rubbed his head. Eashev's eyes started drooping but he wanted to keep seeing his mother and kept it open.

(What is it, why are you looking at me like that? Huh? Are you sleepy? Sleep sleep)

"Eshu, sleep da", she rubbed his chest. "He's not sleeping"? Rudra started the car and accelerated it. "No, he keeps smiling at me". He took a quick look at Eashev and smiled. "I think he just wants to see you".

Butter barked from the back agreeing to his statement. "Count me in", Nidra added. Ruthira and Rudra laughed at her statement. Ruthira placed Eashev on her shoulder and sang a lullaby for him. However, he kept looking at her with a smile.

Eventually he wasn't able to fight his tiredness anymore and fell asleep, clutching her thali in his fist. "He really loves you", Rudra mumbled softly. "He does. His smile reminds me of Aathira". "I've noticed that too. Especially the one when he laughs his heart out". Ruthira excitedly nodded, covering Eashev with the shawl.

=====

"The cold never bothered me anywhere"!

"Nidu, chew first". Nidra nodded, stuffing the whole nugget in her mouth. "Oh god", Ruthira palmed her face, seeing her do that. "Butter, no! Butter, stop! Butter! WAAH WAAH! He took my nugget, Appa"!

Butter rolled his eyes as he continued chewing the two nuggets. "Butter", Ruthira called his name out with disappointment. "Aluuu"! "This boy", Rudra sighed.

"Amma! He took it! WAAH WAAH"! "It's okay, you can have Amma's. Butter, it's not nice to take other's food without permission, don't do it again". The husky guiltly rested his face on Nidra's lap.