Chapter 27 || Saved

Pleasant scent of flowers was bursting throughout the air

Pleasant scent of flowers was bursting throughout the air. Each breath made her feel more happy and relaxed. She felt very light. Both at heart and at mind.

She was floating as she made her way through the never ending garden. Her smile was constant. Her fingers brushed every flower on her way.

From a far, a lake could be seen. A sense of urgency rushed into her as soon as she saw it. She took each step wth full curiosity. "Aaru". She gasped when the familiar voice echoed.

With tears running down her face, Ruthira ran. Ran as fast as she could to see the person. Her lungs felt heavy but she didn't care. All she wanted was to reach her destination and she did.

She smiled when she saw the familiar figure in the middle of the lake wearing the saree she had once gifted her. "Paati", she mumbled softly.

Her grandmother turned with the pleasant smile she always had. She opened her arms, "come Aaru". Ruthira ran towards her and lunged herself on her.

"I miss you so much", she whispered while snuggling into her chest. "You smell the same, you so- sound the same. Why did you leave me? How could you leave me"?

Her grandmother cupped her face and wiped her tears. "I had to go. Everyone will have to one day. It was my turn then". Ruthira nodded, "it's mine now. I won't have to leave you again".

Her grandmother chuckled, "I have your grandfather here, what about you". Ruthira's smile dropped for a second before she regained her composure.

"I have you". Her grandmother's face became stern. "Go Aaru. Go to where you belong". "This is where I belong, Paati", Ruthira cried. "No, you don't".

Her grandmother cupped her face, "none of it is your fault". "I took their lives"! "No, you didn't! Don't blame yourself for things that were not in your control. Everything happens for a reason".

"But-". "Do you want your daughter to not have her mother? Your husband to not have his wife? Your parents to not have their daughter? It's not your time, Aaru. Go back. Trust me, everything will be alright soon".

"Your kids are safe here. They don't hate you. We all love you. Go. Go to where you belong", she planted a kiss on Ruthira's forehead. "No! I won't go", Ruthira held onto her grandmother tightly.

She clenched her teeth when she felt a strong force pulling her. "I won't go"! "Aaru, remember don't ever blame yourself for everything that happened. Things will change, one day. Take care, I love you", she caressed her head.

"NO", Ruthira screamed when her grandmother removed her hug.

"*GASPS*"!

'Beep! Beep'!

"Patient's heartbeat is stable". A lone tear rolled down Ruthira's eyes as she saw the white ceiling Everything was fresh.

She could still smell her grandmother. The kiss and caress were still present. "Nurse, injection". She wondered why she had a second chance she never wanted. Ruthira felt herself getting drowsy before her eyes shut down.