Chapter 28 || Moxie

"Ma'am, sir is calling you", the constable said

"Ma'am, sir is calling you", the constable said. Ruthira nodded and went inside the cabin. "Yes"? "I need to file a complaint".

"What's the issue regarding"? "My colleagues are threatening me with- with my photos", Ruthira gulped.

The inspector understood what type of photos she was talking about. "I will need you to write a complaint before we can file an FIR". Ruthira nodded and took out the complaint letter from her bag and gave it to him.

"Ekansh Dutta and Urmila Mehta. Okay, we'll start the investigation and we'll keep you posted". "Thank you", she joined her hands and thanked him.

When she got out of the police station, she stood still, embracing the breeze that was caressing her cheeks. She was proud of herself. This second chance was to not run away again but to show them both what she was capable of.

With a satisfied smile, she flagged an auto and got in. "Bhaiya, can you stop here for a moment, I need to get something". "Ji". Ruthira went inside the flower shop and got two small bouquets.

"You can go", she informed the auto driver, caressing the bouquets. Once the driver dropped her off, she walked to the entrance of the cemetery.

Her gaze drifted to the gravestone of both her daughters. She clenched her fist hard, trying to push herself to enter. You are a murderer!

With a choked cry, she threw the bouquets in the dustbin and ran. Ran as far as her legs could take her. Did she care about the looks everyone was giving her? No!

When she reached her house, she quickly entered the room not wanting to disturb anyone. Taking her laptop, she typed out an email to her Channel Head.

***

Dear Mr Kishore Nanda,

This is to inform you that I have filed a police complaint against the team intern Ekansh Dutta and Head of Department, Urmila Mehta earlier this morning for threatening me and sexually harassing me.

The police may be contacting you soon.

Sincerely,
Sri Aaruthira Mohanraj

***

After sending the first email she sent the second one.

***

Dear Mr Kishore Nanda,

Please accept this letter as a formal notification that I am resigning from my position as a Senior Journalist. My last day will be Thursday, October 30.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work in this position for the past seven years. I've greatly enjoyed and appreciated the opportunities I've had.