Chapter 57 || Unite

"I can't believe I wasted my time doing my nails", Brinda complained

"I can't believe I wasted my time doing my nails", Brinda complained. "Who would have known that the groom would have run away. Shameless fella. I'm just happy the girl escaped from this guy. What if after they got married, he cheated on her? No girl deserves a guy who doesn't treat them like queens".

Brinda gave him a look, "I was also a girl". Mohanraj gasped as he opened the gate of the house, "are you saying I haven't been treating you like my queen? I need to make up for 39 years". She blushed and hit his arm, "you've kept me even better than how a king will keep his queen".

"I'm touched", he pecked her head. Mohanraj removed his shoes and went in. "Let's order food for dinner". "It's just us and Aaru. Ask her what she wants", Brinda said. "Okay, I'll ask now".

As he made his way to the kitchen, his peripheral vision caught something. As he turned, he frowned seeing a saree on the floor. "Brinda, did you wash clothes today"?

"No. We left early how can I-", she stopped halfway seeing the same saree. "That's Aaru's. I think she must have washed clothes and mistakenly dropped this".

As he picked up the saree to fold, the green blouse further away from it caught his attention. "Who's watch is this"? Brinda pointed to the watch on the coffee table. "No one in this house has that", he mumbled.

"Then how-", Brinda's eyes widened as she finally understood what happened. Mohanraj went outside to confirm his doubts and just like he had expected, a new pair of shoes were there.

"There's a guy in this house". Furious, he stomped towards Ruthira's room. "Mohan, no! What are you doing! The door is closed for a reason", Brinda chided him.

"There's a guy in the room with my daughter. I can't just keep quiet"! "What if that guy is Neel"? "Doesn't matter! No guys under my roof! And that son in law of yours was told to stay far away from her"!

Brinda sighed and made him sit on the couch. "Relax. I'm sure that's Neel. My daughter won't cheat. Let them come out and we'll talk. What if they are doing something, do you want to walk in on them"?

Mohanraj huffed thinking about what was probably happening behind the door. He fisted his hand and rested his head against the couch.

=====

As Ruthira woke up, the first thing she did was change into her clothes from Rudra's shirt. "Rudra, wake up", she shook his arms. "Half an hour more", he whined, pressing his face into the pillow.

"It's already seven! Wake up"! Having no choice, he reluctantly woke up. "Go change, we overslept". Rudra took his shirt from her hand and wore it while she opened the door to take the saree from outside.

As she opened the door, she saw her saree in the same place they left it. She lowered down to pick it up. While doing so, she saw a group of figures looking at her direction from the corner of her eye. She was initially startled thinking it was something else and looked up.