Chapter 60 || Wishes

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!

Ruthira jerked up from her sleep, clutching her chest. "Happy birthday, Amma", Nidra jumped on her. "Gosh, you startled me. But thank you". "Uffy bhaphy Alu", Butter added. "Thank you, kanna", she kissed his head.

"If everyone's done can I have my time", Rudra demanded. "Yes, please", Nidra patted the space beside her. "Such a polite girl", his praises made her smile.

"Happy birthday, bachaa", he pecked her lips. "Thank you", she pulled him back and pressed her lips on his for a couple of seconds more. "What time is it"?

"It's 7, Amma". "Just in time to get ready for work". Rudra interrupted, "we're going out for dinner today. Better be home on time". "Yes, sir. Anything else"? "Nope, have a great day".

=====

In the evening, Rudra brought her out to her favourite restaurant.

"It's hot, blow before eating". Nidra bobbed her head to her mother's advice. "How's the food", Rudra asked. "Delicious, Appa"! "It's good".

"Here try the fish", he fed Nidra. When he forwarded the fork to Ruthira, she sheepishly smiled, "no thank you". "Arrey, just a small bite. It's good. Ask Nidra". "Fine".

Unwillingly she chewed the fish but later on realised it indeed wasn't bad. "Do you want some, I can't finish. I feel like I'm about to have my stomach burst". Rudra pulled the plate from her, "this is exactly why I don't order any main dish for myself. Just wait, soon Nidra will give me her Mac and Cheese". "No, I won't".

Contrary to what she said, her plate of Mac and Cheese was eventually passed to him. Rudra signalled the waiter to bring the cake out after they were done eating. As the waiter brought the cake towards them, Ruthira cupped her mouth in surprise. She definitely didn't expect that.

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to Ruthira/Amma
Happy birthday to you"!

"Make a wish before blowing, Amma"!

Keep everyone healthy and safe, thinking so, she blew the candles. "Here", she fed a tiny piece to Rudra and Nidra. She refused when they tried to feed her back saying she was too full.

"Please", Nidra pouted, giving her puppy eyes. "Okay". They fed her a really tiny piece before asking it to be packed. After Rudra paid, they made their way home.

Halfway through the drive it started pouring. Glancing at Nidra who was asleep, Ruthira asked him to stop the car. "Shall we dance in the rain"? "Now"? "Yes, now".

Rudra smirked while removing his seat belt. He got out and jogged to her side to open the door for her. She placed her hand in his and got out.

Rudra placed his hands on her bare back and cupped the back of her neck. She wrapped her arms around his neck. They swayed together as the rain poured on them.

"You look disturbed, what is it Rudra"? He joined their foreheads, "I don't know. I'm just scared all this happiness will be snatched away from me".

"Look at me", she cupped his cheeks, "nothing's going to happen. I'm here, Nidra's here, Butter's here. We're all here. There's nothing to worry about". "I trust you", Rudra mumbled before stealing a kiss.

Their lips moved in sync with the rain that cascaded down their body. There was no urgency or dominance. It was just a simple kiss of assurance that what they were having wouldn't be stolen.

=====

"Potatoes Rudra! Potatoes! Not a freaking tomato"! "What the hell! You said tomato"! "Amma said tornado". "Huh"! "Potatoes, Rudra! You're still adding tomatoes"! "Stop yelling! Gosh"! "Well who wanted to cook"!

"Excuse me, may I say something", Nidra held her hand up. "Amma wasn't wrong and Appa wasn't wrong. It's a mis- uh mistake. Say sorry and hug each and be friends".

"The only smart person in this house after me", Rudra mumbled. "So smart that you don't know the difference between tomatoes and potatoes", Ruthira rolled her eyes. "I said enough! No fight", Nidra crossed her arms.

"Fine", Ruthira and Rudra agreed. He added the potatoes in before she could say anything more. Once the Curry came to a boil, he turned the stove off.

"Rudra? Did you cook rice"? He froze in his spot, looking at her with widened eyes. "I- I forgot"? Ruthira blinked, letting a big sigh out. "Just kidding, I already did. I always cook the rice first", he giggled. She glared at him, serving each plate with food.

"Is it nice, bubba"? "Good"! "Eat more, okay"? "Yes"!

After they were done, Ruthira brought the dishes to the sink to wash. As she was scrubbing a plate, Rudra wrapped his arms around her waist. "Are you tired", he pecked her neck. "Why"? "It's been long", his hands grouped her chest.

A sharp intake of breath left her mouth as she leaned on his chest. "Amma"! They jerked apart when Nidra screamed. "Will I have another sister"? Ruthira looked at Rudra who took Nidra in her arms.

"We don't know. Do you want another sister"? "No. I have two sisters. They love me and I love them. So I want you to give me a brother this time. No sister".

Ruthira let out a silent laugh hearing Nidra's demand. "Boys are yuck! Girls like you are better. Imagine you me and your sister against Amma. Fun right", Rudra said.

"Yes fun. But imagine, you and me one team. Amma and brother one team. We both win them", Nidra showed her fist. "That's sounds like a brilliant plan too! Ruthira, give bubba her brother please".

Ruthira raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. "Go down, take a left. You'll see a supermarket there. Go and buy her a brother there". Rudra and Nidra laughed.

Nidra got down from her father's arms and walked to her mom. "Amma, I don't care brother. I only want Amma and Appa. I have two sisters too. And they're with god. I can tell people my sisters are special and that god loves them so much".

Ruthira's eyes watered hearing her. She went on her knees and hugged Nidra tightly. "When did you grow up so fast"? "I'm four next month! I'm a big girl", Nidra giggled. "You indeed are".

"Nidra, Amma is really sorry". "Why"? "Remember after Aathira went to god I ignored you"? "Hmmm. I was sad". "Yeah, I know. And that's why I'm so sorry I didn't care for you and didn't give you the love you needed. I shouldn't have ignored you", she cried.

"It's fine, Amma. I know you love me. Appa loves me too. I'm not mad. I was sad but that was last time. I have you both now and I love you alot", Nidra chirped. Rudra smiled looking at them, "can I join the hug"?

"Yes, please". "Thank you, bubba". He wrapped his arms around them and scooped them up. "Eeeeeekkk", Nidra squealed in happiness while Ruthira screamed in fear. "Put me down! You're going to drop me"!

"Have some faith in your husband. Butter come buddy"! Butter leaped onto the bed and waited in the corner. Rudra threw them both on the bed and fell on their side.

Butter laid his head on Ruthira's stomach while Nidra climbed onto him. Rudra smiled looking at them as he prayed,

"Keep us happy".

Do vote, comment and share 🤞🏾

Happy Women's Day!

Secondly, incase you didn't notice, I changed the cover of this book for the first time and I think fourth time for LfL.

Initially I wanted a simple, plain cover for my books. Mainly because I didn't want to complicate the whole idea of the story just by the cover.

But I felt like the cover was too simple? Idk, give me some opinions. Do y'all like this covers or should I change it back to the previous ones.

❤️,
DD