Chapter 47 || Desire

As Ruthira draped her saree, Rudra's face came to her mind

As Ruthira draped her saree, Rudra's face came to her mind. She blushed at the thought of him. "Amma", Nidra screamed as she skipped inside the room.

"Yes"? "Appa calling you". She turned towards Nidra with a slight blush, "why"? "No know", Nidra shrugged. "Don't know, not no know", Ruthira corrected her.

"Same same", Nidra rolled her eyes as she sat on the bed. "Madam, can you get up? You're sitting on my phone". Nidra took the phone that was beneath her.

"I call Appa", she said. Ruthira chuckled as she mumbled to herself, "like as though you know how to call". Right as she closed her mouth, a whistle was heard.

She turned around to see Nidra holding up the phone at her direction. "Now, what greatness have I done to see such a hot sight right in the morning", Rudra spoke.

Realising how her saree was still not over her shoulder, she quickly threw it on herself. "Thanks bubba"! She could sense the smirk from his tone.

"Rudra, it's literally 6 in the morning. And you are already so... leave it! I hope you're ready we need to leave in 15 minutes", she mumbled while wearing her earrings.

"Come help me, I'm scared the veshti will drop. Help me tighten it, please". Ruthira nodded, all the while wearing her eyeliner.

"Bye bubba, meet you later"! "Bye", Nidra excitedly waved as she turned the camera to her side. Once the call was ended, Ruthira took her phone and called Arun.

Arun: Yes, Akka?

Ruthira: Dei, Mama needs help with the veshti. Can you help him?

Arun: Of course, not an issue. I'll get going, bye.

Ruthira: Thank you.

As she kept the phone, she saw Nidra passing her a judgemental look. "What"! "Amma lie! Amma say help but no help! Amma baaaaaaaad"!

Ruthira rolled her eyes before she continued to get ready. Seeing no remorse from her mother, Nidra huffed and got off the bed before storming out of the room. On the way, she slammed the door close.

Though this action of hers could have made Rudra laugh, Ruthira frowned. Day be day, Nidra's temper was increasing. Somehow that was creating some sort of fear for her.

Was this an effect of her irresponsible behaviour? Was this because of how Nidra saw her parents living separately? She didn't know. But she knew one thing for sure is that she needed to communicate about this with Rudra.

=====

"Hmph"! Rudra huffed when Ruthira stood beside him during the prayer, making her roll her eyes at his childishness. Throughout the prayer he avoided her.

When the priest came with the aarti plate, everyone took its blessings. Rudra was quick to take a little vermilion and applied it on Ruthira's hair parting.