Epilogue

"WAAH WAAH"! "ESHU"! "HAHAHAHA! ESHU FELL DOWN"!

"Amma", 18 month old Eashev cried while stretching his hands out to his mother. "Nothing, it's nothing", Ruthira rubbed his knees to soothe his pain.

"Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.  All the king's horses and all the king's men, couldn't put Humpty together again" Nidra threw her head back laughing, making the toddler cry even more.

"Nidu", Ruthira sternly called her name. "You should have seen the way he fell! HAHAHAHA! His face hit the sofa and then he tripped on his butt", she explained. Eashev fumed and got out of his mother's hold.

"No laugh", he held his finger up to her lips. "HAHAHAHA"! Ruthira shook her head with a smile seeing the kids. But the smile dropped after what happened next.

Eashev bit Nidra's hand. Nidra screamed pushing Eashev away. She hit his arms harshly. He pulled her hair making her pull his as well.

"Stop"! Ruthira rushed inbetween them to break the fight. "How dare you", Nidra smacked her brother's head only to receive a slap on the face from him. "BOTH OF YOU! ENOUGH"!

The kids flinched, stopping their actions. They timidly looked at their mother who was glaring at them with her eyes so wide that it looked like it would fall off any moment.

"Nidra! Is this how you'll beat your brother! What if he got hurt seriously"! The little girl glared at her mother with tears. "And you", she turned to her son who pouted like nothing happened. "Amma", with his puppy eyes he walked up to her for a hug.

"She's your sister! How can you hit her like that! If she irritates you, you tell me! Not raise your hands on her". She held his shoulders, not allowing him to hug. Both the kids looked at each other and their mother who was walking away to the room.

In the room, Ruthira fed 5 month old Aasara. She could have done that in the living room with the kids like she always did. However, she wanted them to reflect on their actions and thus gave them their own private space.

When Aasara was done with her milk, Ruthira went out to the living room to see her two kids sitting at each corner watching the cartoon. "Come here", she patted the space beside the couch. Eashev didn't need to be told twice and paddled to her where as Nidra put on a long face, crossing her arms.

"Nidu ma, come", Ruthira held her hands out. Nidra huffed and sat beside her putting on a façade that she wasn't interested to talk to her. "Eshu, why did you beat your sister"? "Laugh me. I sad", Eashev peeked at his sister, hoping she'll play with him like they always did.

"Nidu, why did you hit him"? "Because he hit me first"! "Nidra, we're all talking in a normal tone. Let's not scream, alright"? "Hmmm", the little girl nodded.

"Eshu, next time if someone laugh at you, tell them you don't like it. If they still laugh, tell Amma, not hit them. And Nidra, if someone says stop, you must. It's not nice to laugh at someone. And don't hit anyone". "But he started it first, Amma", she whined.