Chapter 46 || Year

"Three! Two! One! HAPPY NEW YEAR"!

Everyone screamed together as the countdown on the television hit 00:00.

"Happy New Year, Rudrani".

Rudra's soft whisper fell on Ruthira's ears. "Happy New Year", she wished him with a tight hug. "Happy New Year"! Nidra came running to them.

"Very happy happy new year to Bubba". "Amma wish"? "Happy New Year my baby", Ruthira took her from Rudra's arm. "Bubba big girl, bubba is 4 years old now"!

"That's right but your birthday is only in June", Rudra said. A sad pout appeared on her face as soon as she heard her father. "So long"! "It's not that long, it's only six months away. If one month has 30 days, six months has atleast 180 days".

Ruthira palmed her face seeing how Rudra's calculations wasn't of any help. Nidra's lips quivered as she realised how far her birthday indeed was. 6 months wasn't as far to her as compared to 180 days.

"Rudra", Ruthira nudged his ribs. "Oh no, oh no don't cry. Everyday is your birthday, alright. We can get you cakes everyday". "Okay", Nidra mumbled. However, Ruthira's glare made him chuckle nervously.

"I- I think they must be calling me, I'll go. Bye", he ran like his ass was on fire. Ruthira shook her head thinking about how he was spoiling their daughter before going around to wish the rest of her family.

=====

"Happy New Year", Adhi mumbled against his wife's head. "Happy Birthday, Adhi. Happy New Year", she snuggled more into his chest. "I lied about one more thing", she slowly added.

"What is it"? "I knew where Aaru was going and where she is staying". Adhi smiled as he tightened his grip around her, "I know". Nila got up from his chest swiftly, "and you didn't ask me"? "It was just a guess. After all the two of you are like two peas in a pod".

Nila smiled, getting up to wear her clothes. "Adhi, about the third child... were you serious? Do you want another child". "I was just kidding, da. Ovi kutty and my chellakutty is enough for me. Along with them, their sexy and hot Amma is all I want", he smirked.

"I want their old yet hot Appa too, all for myself", she chuckled. Adhi tried pulling her but she managed to slip out.

'Knock Knock'!

"Adhi! Nila"! Brinda knocked on their door. "You go", Nila signalled Adhi as she went to the other side of the room which was not visible from the door. She was definitely not in a mood to show up infront of her mother in law in just a bra and underskirt.

"Yes, Amma"? Adhi quickly wore his clothes before opening the door. Nila swiftly wore the blouse in her hands and took a saree from the cupboard beside her.

"Happy birthday and Happy New Year", Brinda kissed his forehead. "Thank you, Ma and Happy New Year. Where's the rest"? "Kitchen. The kids are drinking milk. Where's Nila"?