Chapter 12 || Turmoil

Galliyan 🎼

Galliyan 🎼

Brinda had shifted to Rudra and Ruthira's apartment for a month. She stayed there to help Ruthira with the baby.

There was alot for Ruthira to learn even though she had already taken care of Nidra. However, there was only so much that she could handle.

Aathira's piercing cries were sucking the soul out of her. Even though there was Brinda to soothe Aathira's cries, it was still alot to handle.

Despite Brinda's persistent questioning of whether Ruthira was okay, Ruthira could not find a way to let out the heaviness in her heart.

A month later

"Amma chocolate", Nidra pulled Ruthira to the chocolate aisle of the supermarket. "Nidra, no. Amma's having Aathira in the pram. Don't pull".

"But it's my birthday", Nidra whined. "Your birthday is next week. I'll take the chocolate for you after I'm done. Give me 10 minutes".

The toddler however, wasn't happy with how her demands were not given priority. She stormed towards her sister and smacked her on her head.

"NIDRA"! "WAAH WAAH"! Ruthira moved Nidra away and took Aathira in her arms. "WAAH WAAH"! "Shhh it's okay. Please don't cry", she tried pacifying her.

Ruthira felt many eyes on her as she tried calming Aathira down. Looking up, she saw many judgemental looks being passed around.

"Don't even know how to calm a crying baby"!
"Why have kids if you don't know how to handle one"!
"Irritating"!
"Some people shouldn't be a mother"!

Ruthira could hear them 'whispering'. Her hands trembled as her body shivered. "Please! Please keep quiet", she pleaded, rocking the baby.

"Ugh, so irritating"!
"Does she know how to take care of her baby"!

Her breath grew heavy as she tried pushing their comments back. "Nidu", she gasped when Nidra wasn't there. "Nidra, she called as she held Aathira in one hand and pushed the stroller in the other.

On not finding her in the whole supermarket, Ruthira's anxiety grew. "Bhaiya- Bhaiya did you see a three years old running out. She- she was wearing bl- blue shirt and shorts".

"Haan. She ran out. She went that way", the security guard replied. "Thank you", Ruthira placed Aathira in the stroller and ran towards the direction he told her.

"Nidra"! She clutched her hair and cried. Fishing out her phone, she dialed Rudra.

Rudra: Hello, I'm in a meeting. I'll call you later. Bye.