Chapter 78 || Again

"Are you okay", the lady who held Ruthira's hand asked

"Are you okay", the lady who held Ruthira's hand asked. "Y- yeah. Was a little nauseous", she smiled. "You sure? You look pale", the lady removed her hand. "Yeah, I'm fine".

Another older lady who was washing her hands, looked up, "Is it your first one"? "First what", Ruthira chuckled with confusion. "Pregnancy". The smile from her face dropped, "no. No, I'm not. I- we just had our son three months ago".

"Dear, there are still chances for pregnancy", the elder woman said. Ruthira looked at the floor, trying to remember the times Rudra and her had had unprotected sex. There were none that she could put her finger on.

"I have a kit", the first woman spoke. Ruthira looked at her, "I'm scared". "It's okay, it doesn't necessarily be positive. It could also be negative", the old woman assuringly placed her hand on Ruthira's shoulder.

The woman passed her the extra pregnancy test kit. Ruthira bit her lips before going inside the cubicle. For two minutes, she stared at the kit on her palm. As the two pink lines appeared, tears in her eyes surfaced.

Ruthira looked out of the window while Rudra drove, staring at the road ahead. She silently allowed the tears to flow. They had not shared a single word since leaving the college. Once they reached home, the silence continued till they laid down on the bed.

"Do you want to talk", Rudra wrapped his arms from the back. "No", she whispered. "Tomorrow"? "Hmmm". "Okay". He pecked the side of her head, patting her stomach lightly.

=====

The two of them could not catch a wink of sleep last night. Ruthira was thinking about the life within her. She did not know how to feel. Rudra only had one person on his mind. His wife. He was scared he'll see her fall into the same pit as last time.

When Rudra woke up, he heard cluttering from the kitchen. Knowing it must be Ruthira, he went to the toilet to brush his teeth.

Ruthira was setting the French Toasts on the table when she saw Rudra coming out. "Morning", he pecked her lips. "Morning". "Mhaawy", Butter whined from the couch he luxuriously was sitting on. "Morning, Butter".

"Sit down", Rudra held Ruthira's shoulder and made her sit before sitting on the adjacent chair. "Eat", he pushed the plate towards her. Her hand reached out halfway but stopped.

"I can't", she cupped her mouth, sobbing. He gently pulled her onto his lap and rubbed her back. "It's going to be okay". "Eshu is only 3 months and now-", she stopped in the middle of her words, hiding in his neck.

"I only need to know one thing, bachaa", he made her face him. "Are you ready for this? Now". She shrugged, letting the tears fall. "I don't know, I really don't. But I can't afford to terminate this pregnancy, Rudra. I don't think I can handle that loss".

"Me neither", he mumbled. "Do you think we can handle it, Rudra"? "I don't know. All I know is, I'll be here with you unlike during Aathira's birth". "I know. I've seen that with Eashev", she smiled, caressing his cheeks.