Chapter 54 || Surprise

"Arrey, welcome back madam"

Ruthira smiled at the security guard who greeted her. "Thank you, Uncle". Having a tight grip on her dupatta, she took a step inside the building.

"Hi! Welcome back, Aaruthira", the receptionist greeted. "Hi, Jenny". A few more people welcomed her back wholeheartedly. When she went to her floor, no one was there and the floor was quiet. Wanting to keep her bag in her cabin before meeting her boss, she opened her cabin door.

"WELCOME BACK"!

Ruthira let out a little yelp, cupping her mouth. "I missed you, bestie", a full termed Andrea waddled her way to the front with sobs. "I missed you too". They were about to hug but the bump inbetween them did not allow for that.

"The bump's so big", Ruthira mumbled while touching the bump. "I mean duh! I'm full term now". "I- I'm so sorry I wasn't there with you during your pregnancy".

"Bitch, who cares! You joined my baby shower through zoom and I couldn't be more happy to see how you were glowing that day. Anyways I'm due anytime soon so like I promised, after Maddy and I hold the baby, the next person will be you".

"I love you". "I love you more bitch"! Ruthira went to Andrea's side and hugged her by her shoulders. "Are the two of you done? If yes please notice that there are other people here", Madavh scowled.

"Jealous", Andrea spat before taking the seat, Ruthira offered. "Welcome back, Mrs Aaruthira. We really missed working with you and we hope we can work on many news from now on", Madavh said like a anchor. "I missed all of you too", she smiled while hugging her colleagues she had worked with previously.

"Guess what"! Tara held Ruthira's hand and swinged it from left to right. "What"? "I got engaged"! "Oh my god! Congratulations! It's Madavh's brother, right? Yadavh"? "That's right", she blushed.

"Can you believe, this girl here is going to be my sister in law", Andrea scoffed. "Yes! And I ain't leaving you alone", Tara giggled. "When's the wedding"? "About that... when I said engaged I meant like he proposed. The traditional engagement isn't done. Plus, our parents don't know".

"Oh, all the best", Ruthira sarcastically smiled. "Y'all are so mean", Tara pouted pushing Rashid out of her way. "Hi, ma'am. How are you"? "I'm fine, Rashid. Yourself"? "Good as well".

"I got the cupcakes! Am I late"! Shanaya burst opened the door with one hand. "Oh. I am indeed late". "Hi, Shanaya, how have you been"? "My heart was broken into pieces all these days. But just a minute ago I saw an angel gracing me with her presence. Now my heart is completely healed. And that angel deserves Shanaya's special hug"!

She jumped on her, causing Ruthira to gasp in shock. "So I assume I'm the angel"? "Yeah, obviously"! Rashid took the cupcake from her hands and lit one with a candle. "But sincerely ma'am, we are really proud of you and we want to thank you for staying with us".