Chapter 52 || Closure

"Just two bouquets"? "Yes, that will be all"

Ruthira gave the cashier a bright smile as she watched her pack the bouquets. "So, who's the lucky person getting these, because these things aren't cheap. White Rose, Blue Hydrangea and Baby's Breath are expensive", the lady beamed.

"Two priceless treasures, my daughters", Ruthira answered, feeling some sort of peace within herself. "Oh lovely! Is it some gift for them? How old are they"?

"It's just something nice to give them. The elder one was 19 weeks and the younger one was 9 weeks old". The lady blinked in confusion. "Oh"! "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to baffle you with this but erm my daughters have passed on".

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry for your loss". "No, no I'm fine, it's been a long time. 4 years since I miscarriaged my first one and 6 months since I lost my third one. My second one is turning 4 soon and my husband and I just want to give her the best and what we would have given her sisters", Ruthira clicked her tongue feeling it dry.

The lady held her hand, "you're strong. Never think any other way". Ruthira nodded, picking the bouquets up, "thank you".

=====

Standing infront of the graveyard, Ruthira took in deep breaths to calm herself. This time she was going to face whatever emotions that pushed her to quit.

"I'll be right here, okay"? Rudra rubbed her shoulders to soothe her overwhelmed self. "Yeah, that will be fine", she mumbled softly.

Hugging the bouquets to her chest, she took her first step towards the grave. Rudra lovingly looked as she slowly yet confidently made her way to her sweetheart for the first time. As she looked back for assurance, he nodded and motioned her to move along.

Ruthira let out a sigh as she sat by Aathira's grave. "Hey chellam". She looked up to the sky as a crow flew and sat on the grave. "Are you my Aathira? *chuckles*".

"Aathi ma, chellam, Amma needs you to know that I'm really really sorry for not coming to meet you. I- I was just so caught up in difficulties and guilt that I couldn't muster the courage to come here. Where do I start", she sighed.

"When I knew I was having you, I felt like the most happiest woman ever. I felt even happier when I saw the joy on your Appa's face. You may or may not know but when the doctor said I was underweight, I felt like someone took my heart out.

That took a toll on me, ma. I was always eating and just trying to gain weight and I- I didn't like it sometimes. I know everyone around me was genuinely caring about us but it just irritated me when at the end of the day it wasn't just about me.

Every conversation was about me gaining weight, drinking water, walking, everything but not how my day was! And I will never blame you because you're not even at fault to start with.