Chapter 51 || Them

Nidra happily swung her grandmother's hand as she walked around the mall

Nidra happily swung her grandmother's hand as she walked around the mall. In her other hand was an ice cream cone she was enjoying. "Did the both of you enjoy both the movies"?

"Yes, Thatha! Bob is my favourite", Adrika giggled. "Kevin is my favourite", Nidra bobbed her head to the light music being played from a store. As she looked around, she spotted two people. "Thakuma and Dadu"!

Brinda and Mohanraj looked at the direction she was pointing at and immediately a scowl appeared on his face. "Do you want to go say hi to them", he mumbled in distaste. "Yes"!

Brinda smiled and left her hand. Nidra took Adrika's hand and ran to her paternal grandparents. "Thakuma! Dadu", Maitra gasped and turned to her side to see Nidra running towards her.

"Nidra", she mumbled in happiness and hugged her. "Come here", she pulled Adrika into the hug. "How are the both of you"? "Good, Thatha and Paati and us watch movie", Nidra
smiled. "Did y'all eat", Shaswat carried both the kids.

"Nope we not hungry. We eat breakfast late", Adrika said.
As Mohanraj and Brinda approached them, Maitra scoffed. "They can't even feed the kids yet they want to act like they know it all", she spat.

Mohanraj was about to snap back but Brinda held his hand and shook her head. "Maitra", Shaswat warned.

In the store, Ruthira and Rudra peeped out a little and saw the commotion happening infront of them. "We are probably stuck here until they move", he mumbled. "No shit, Sherlock"!

"Nidra, do you want to live with Thakuma and Dadu"? Mohanraj rolled his eves at Maitra's question. Like hell he would let her live there! "Yes, but Appa and Amma must be there", she said.

"Nidra, Adrika, come let's go. Some people think we can't feed you, let's prove them wrong", Mohanraj scoffed. Maitra fumed in anger, "let's go Shaswat! After I find some other girl for Neel, I'll make sure her custody is under my son"!

"Ya, ya! Dream on! Before that I'll get my daughter a better groom", he added. Shaswat and Brinda shared a helpless smile and nodded their head, indicating a farewell. Shaswat pulled his wife away despite the little resistance from her.

"Avanga pesana pesiddu poranga. Neengalum senthu avanga kuda poddi poddu pesuringa", Brinda said.

(If she's talking, let her be. You are also talking back like it's some competition)

Mohanraj sighed and when into the shop he needed to
go. The same one, his daughter and currently hated son in law were hiding in.

"Fuck, why is he coming here", Rudra panicked. "How on
earth will I know! Move back, will you"! "Your father, you should know", he huffed and moved behind the rack of clothes with Ruthira following him. Her back was completely pasted to his chest.

Nidra looked around the shop in hopes of finding something her grandparents would buy for her. "Appa"? She mumbled curiously when she saw her father's back further away from the store.