71-80

Chapter 71: Lying to Her

  Lu Ning went home after interviewing a tutor, as if he didn't know anything, just like before.

  After helping Lu Jingzhi study two questions, he went back to his room after dinner.

  During this period, Lu kept observing his daughter's expression.

  After Lu Ning returned to the room, she whispered to Shen Yun.

  "My daughter saw me at the construction site today."

  "Huh?!"

  "I don't think I can even explain it clearly now. She must have decided that our family is very poor."

  Shen Yunci glanced at the direction of Lu Ning's room.

  "Did Ning Ning go to the construction site to find you?"

  Lu Zhi shook his head: "It doesn't look like it. She doesn't even know where the construction site where I work is and how to get there. She should have seen it when she was passing by. She didn't even know when she was eating. Did you say you were going to interview a tutor? I heard that you were passing by the construction site at that address. It should be that time. Her friends are also there."

  Shen Yunci was stunned: "Ah? My friends are also there. Did Ning Ning go to say hello to you? Ah, have we embarrassed Ning Ning?"

  Lu Zhi shook his head: "Ning Ning is not a person who cares about this. That time I went to pick her up directly from the construction site, and she was wearing tatters all over her body. She didn't even care, but she generously introduced me to her friends." 

  "Right now, I'm just worried that Ningning thinks our family is too poor and trying to find ways to work everywhere will tire her out. She's now interviewing for a tutor. Already."

  Lu Zhi lowered his head and sighed sadly.

  Shen Yunci was also a little worried.

  "Why don't you tell Ning Ning directly? Ning Ning might have been joking before, saying that our family is rich and she won't live there anymore. She definitely doesn't want to put pressure on us.

  But we can't exhaust her body. She is still in her senior year of high school, how important studying is."

  Lu Zhi was still worried: "The main reason is that she may not believe us now, maybe she thinks we teamed up with others to deceive her."

  The couple was worried together.

  "How about finding something to hold her back? Don't let her become a tutor. I don't even want her to work in a coffee shop."

  "Hold her up? How to hold her back?"   

  Shen Yunci thought for a moment: "How about you say I'm sick."

  Lu Zhi looked at her and said unhappy: "Don't talk nonsense, not to mention that a minor illness will not delay action. How can you tie your child at home like this?"

  "That's right, what should we do?"

  "How about this! Let Jingzhi pretend to be sick. Anyway, his son is smart and he can learn the same thing at home."

   "This is a good idea..."

  Lu Jingzhi, who came out to fetch water and passed by, said: "... ..."

  He silently turned his head and glanced at his parents.

  Did you use my intelligence like this?