891-900

Chapter 891 Funeral

  It is said that Sun Lu cried and made noises after arriving, and was completely uncooperative. In the end, she was released without any substantial evidence.

  Lu Ning stayed in the hospital for two days and then went back to recuperate.

  Huo Jinyan has always been by her side.

  Lu Ning had recovered, but still didn't want to talk.

  When Huo Jinyan came in with the porridge, Lu Ning was still sitting on the bed in a daze.

  Hearing the sound, he looked up at him with a slow response.

  Huo Jinyan walked over, put the bowl on the cabinet, sat beside Lu Ning's bed and looked at her.

  Helped her tidy up the broken hair on her forehead.

  "Are you hungry?"

  Lu Ning looked at him and shook his head.

  She hasn't eaten much in the past few days and doesn't seem to have much appetite.

  Afraid that her body wouldn't be able to bear it, Huo Jinyan would still force her to eat something every day.

  Huo Jinyan looked at her pale face distressedly.

  Lu Ning's eyes looked at him and made eye contact with him.

  After a long time, Lu Ning suddenly reached out his hand, came towards him, and hugged him.

  Huo Jinyan was stunned for a moment, frozen in place.

  Lu Ning didn't like to be touched since the accident. Huo Jinyan had tried his best to avoid hugging her these days for fear that she would be in a bad mood. This was the first time in the past few days that she came to hug him.

  Lu Ning hugged his waist and rested her head on his chest, remaining silent and saying nothing.

  It took a long time for Huo Jinyan to regain his composure and raise his hand to put on her back.

  Patting gently once and for all.

  "When is the funeral?"

  Lu Ning's voice sounded. Huo Jinyan was stunned for a moment, and then replied: "The day after tomorrow."

  Lu Ning said no more.

  Huo Jinyan hugged her tightly, knowing that no words could comfort her now, so he just stayed with her quietly, waiting for her to come out on her own.

  ————

  The funeral scene the day after tomorrow.   

  Lu Ning went alone first.

  There were only a few people worshiping.

  Lu Ning glanced at Lu Chuan who was standing over there.

  He was wearing a black suit, shaved, his hair neatly combed, and he looked sad.

  Lu Ning was also dressed in black, with a small white flower pinned to his chest.

  She walked slowly over and finally stood beside Lu Chuan, welcoming the guests who came to worship with him.

  Lu Chuan turned his head and looked at her in surprise.

  There is no one around him anymore, only the old man. Now that the old man is gone, he is the only one left in the huge Lu family.

  Looking at Lu Ning beside him, Lu Chuan's heart was filled with emotions, and his eyes turned red silently. It took him a long time to come back to his senses and continue to face the guests.