KageHina One-Shot

Trigger warning
-----------------------

It was midnight on a desolate Saturday.
"Kageyama... Please be careful on your way home," a stray nurse called after him as he left.
It had been three weeks since Hinata had first been diagnosed with a coma.
~
"Noya!"
"Got it!"
"Okay Hinata, DO IT!"
Those were the last words Hinata heard before fainting. It all happened so fast. Noya had just made a perfect receive, and Kageyama was ready to set to Hinata for their ultimate quick. Hinata was jumping, with all of his might, and immediately after he spiked... He collapsed. On the floor, no warning, no signs, just lying on the floor.
The first to react was Suga. Running onto the court, completely disreagarding the coaches and referees. Next came Coach Ukai and Takeda, followed closely behind by both Yachi and Kiyoko. The players on the court were already surrounding him and an official timeout was called. Trying to arouse Hinata, Kageyama began shaking him. No effect. Daichi helped Ukai to lift the sunshine child up and they rushed to the ambulance.
A few hours later, it was confirmed that Hinata was in fact in a comma. There was no guarantee he would even wake up. Apparently, he had been overworking himself to the point of passing out after he got home from practice. Kageyama became infuriated that Hinata had told no one, even more so because he always insisted on extra practice sessions. Kageyama put all of the blame on himself, to the point of depression...
~
The past three weeks had been complete hell, for all of Karasuno. Hinata was a major part of their motivation. Even Noya and Tanaka had calmed down some.

Practices were gloomy and matches were terrible. Even with Asahi and Tanaka spiking, Kageyama just didn't have any drive anymore. His tosses were sloppier than usual, and more than often he didn't even look where they were going.

Hinata's condition had only gotten worse as time went on. Kageyama still went to check on him every night, yet there was no change ever. Already lonely, Kageyama felt even more distant, if that was possible. He lost touch with everyone on the team outside of school and practice, and instead of hanging around talking to everyone after, he would rush home to his house, always greeted by no one.

He slowly spiraled into a deep depression that no one could help him escape from. Even if someone tried to get close, he pushed them away, always saying the same thing, "It's okay, I'm fine. Don't worry about me, just focus on practice!"

A month later things seemed even worse for Hinata. The only thing changing was his breathing patterns, and they did not change for the better. The doctors watching over him said that sometimes he would even stop breathing, for minutes at a time. They had to keep him hooked up to a breathing machine by now. Kageyama, also changing for the worse, was to the point where he refused to leave his house. He wouldn't let anyone in, and he even stopped visiting Hinata, thinking that his life was over. The one thing that kept him here was the hope that Hinata would be back and in his arms, that they would be able to say "I love you" to each other again, that they would be able to play as a team, at least one more time. He didn't even care if the rest of the team found out they were in a relationship, he just wanted his boyfriend, his best friend, back. Nothing in the world mattered anymore. All of his thoughts were about Hinata, his ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

After another month, everything was chaos. No one had seen Kageyama ever since he had stopped coming to school, and Hinata was breathing even less often. It also appeared he had sustained brain damage, completely missed by the first examination. Everything was going wrong, and yet no one had any solutions.

Kageyama was drove to the point of insanity. He was past cutting. He had given up all hope of Hinata coming back to him. He was done.

Finally giving up after 6 months of being without his favorite person in the world, Kageyama ended his life. All he could hope for was that Hinata woke up eventually and found something better to do with his life than sulk over his newly dead boyfriend. He wished the best for everyone on the team, and made sure to include a special paragraph for each teammate.

However, Kageyama's wish for Hinata was not fulfilled, as Hinata died a month after Kageyama had. The doctors tried their best, but to no avail. They were finally forced to end his supply of life support and had to hope for the best. Their hope, was sadly not enough.

Hinata and Kageyama were burried next to each other, being reunited at the end, just as both had wished for.