DaiSuga (not) One-shot

it's not a one-shot because it's not. you'll understand I guess. (btw this was totally inspired by the trash version of magnet by JubyPhonic and Rachie- but it's not a songfic because it doesn't really follow the song)
ANGSTY AF
I CRIED
BECAUSE SUGA IS MY PRECIOUS HUSBANDO WHO IS PERFECT AND YEAH I CRIED

-

"I'm sorry!" Suga yelled across the booth.
He and Daichi had been arguing for the past ten minutes, over one slip up. It was meant to be a joke, it came off as a joke even, but that's not how everyone took it.

"Sugawara Kōshi is in a relationship with Sawamura Daichi"

The last status update Suga had posted before throwing his phone into the wall, shattering the screen. Could no one take a joke?!
"Suga, this is serious!" Daichi chided at the grey-haired boy. "This could ruin our reputation as one of the best volleyball teams."
"It's not my fault that everyone takes everything too seriously," Suga scoffed.
"It is your fault for making stupid jokes!" They were really at it by now, and all the tables around them had requested to be moved. Said tables were escorted to the other half of the restaurant, leaving the two third years alone to bicker.
"Look," Suga finally calmed down. "I took it down, okay? It's gone. I apologized, and it's over. Drop. It."
"That doesn't change our team's opinion of us," Daichi countered.
"Who cares what they think?!" The longer they sat there, the more on edge Suga became.
"I care Kōshi. I care what my team thinks of me, their captain," Daichi tried to soothe Suga's growing temper.
"I just don't understand!! So what if it was real or not?! I don't see the problem of two boys liking each other! I don't!" Tears crept into Suga's eyes.
"Suga..." Daichi started.
"Yes, Daichi. I like you. I have liked you. And I know you don't return my feelings, so I'm leaving. Bye." And with that, Suga was already out the door, a sobbing mess. Daichi sat dumbfounded, wondering why the Setter had never confessed his feelings before.
'Wait,' he thought. 'I guess I have told Suga that I'm not gay... and that I like Michimiya... Shit.'
He bolted out the door to find Suga sitting on the guardrail, right next to the building. Walking toward it, he heard the other male say something.
"Go away," Suga commanded, no feeling or emotion in his voice.
Daichi listened and strode to his car, feeling bad for leaving his best friend, but also thinking about how stupid it was that his teammate, his best friend since his first year of high school, could have feelings for him. 'He'll never learn,' Daichi thought. 'He'll never learn.'

-

NO SUGA DOES NOT DIE
I JUST REALIZED HOW CONTROVERSIAL THAT ENDING COULD BE AND NO, HE DOES NOT DO IT
HE LIVES
AND MARRIES KIYOKO
HAPPILY EVER AFTER