Bokuto One-shot

Fukurodani is kinda my thing lately... I just love the owls  ♪( '▽`)

-

   "I can't do it... I can't do it..." you mumbled to yourself. Sitting on the edge of the pier, you swung your dangling feet with more force. "What is wrong with me!?" More worthless thoughts flooded into your head.
   All it took was a week. One week, and the artists block, and writers block, had come back. The artists block came in like a wrecking ball, stripping you of all motivation, confidence, and skill. The writers block was more mild, only subtracting your already slim inspiration. But both made you feel like you were nothing, like you would never be anything.
   There was only one person you knew to call at a time like this. A person who knew what it felt like. Bokuto. Your boyfriend was constantly going through mood swings, ranging from "I'm the best Ace in Japan!" to "Why am I still here?"
   He quietly walked over to where you sat, and eased himself down next to you. You both just sat in silence, admiring the crashing waves of the ocean in the distance. It was a lovely day outside, you had to admit. So why, today of all days, did this feeling come on?
   Eventually Bokuto became irritated at the silence. He kept his gaze on you for a minute before you gave in and looked back at him. There were tears in his eyes.
   "(Name), please, just please tell me that you'll get through this," he whispered. "I know it's rough to feel like you have no purpose, but believe me, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't want you to forget that."
   Your tears came down in fragile streams, quickly soaking Bokuto's shirt where your head now lay. You nodded your head into his shoulder, but he seemed to understand. He pulled you into a tight, warm embrace, and held you there.
   It felt like an hour had passed before he let go, looking you back in the eyes. "Do you promise me?" he finally asked. You nodded your head again to confirm.
   "Good," he cheered, "because I messed up at practice a lot today!"
   You giggled at the humor now edging into his voice, happy to see your boyfriend was in a good mood again.
   As you stood up to leave however, he grabbed your arm.
   "Wait," he pleaded, "can we stay here a little longer... I want to stay here with you, alone. I need you..."
   You elegantly sat back down, and cuddled his arm.
   "Of course," you cooed. "I'll always be here for you, I promise that too. So don't you worry your pretty little face~"
   He settled his head on top of yours and you watched the sunset together, holding hands and enjoying the view.